Kim Kardashian - lawyer

I'm curious if she will 1) actually do this and 2) pass the bar. Interning for an attorney for 18 hours a week can not be the same as going to law school.

Here you go:
http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions.../Legal-Education/Law-Office-or-Judges-Chamber

California is one of the few states that lets you do this.

Although, if you think about it, back in the 1800s and earlier, that's exactly what you did in the US.
The UK still has the pupillage system, after completing a degree, though.

The American Bar Association wasn't founded until 1878.
Yeah, but those were also the days of wooden teeth and horse travel, too!

So Kim Kardashian's kind of a pet peeve of mine. She's one of these people who seems to me that she's famous just for being famous. I try to pay as little attention to her as possible and get annoyed when I do have to hear about her or her family.

But I learned a lot today from reading that linked article. I didn't know other states like California permit someone to sit for the bar after reading the law. Personally, I think that's good. I thought law school was not a particularly good way to learn the law, test how much students know or teach students how to be lawyers. I learned a lot more clerking for attorneys, and have always thought there should be an alternative method for becoming a member of the bar. Sounds like she's just accessing a program that others are already using.

I question whether someone should be allowed to practice law without even having a 4-year degree, but it sounds like this isn't a special dispensation just for her. Also, if she's wanting to go into prison reform or another underserved area of the law it'll be a good thing to have another advocate there. So good for her and I hope she passes.

It will be interesting to see if she makes it through the bar. If I had to guess the fact that she's been so public about what she's doing indicates she has very good reason to expect she can get over the finish line. My money is on her money buying some really good intel about what she will see on the page when she sits down for the exams.

Honestly, if she truly does intend to focus on criminal law matters after passing the bar, it should be no big deal. Criminal law is comparatively very straightforward and clear cut to what you find on the civil side of things. Most people of average intelligence can sit down and read and understand criminal law. Tax law, tort law, contract law, etc. -- be sure you have an attorney who knows their stuff.

I'm curious if she will 1) actually do this and 2) pass the bar. Interning for an attorney for 18 hours a week can not be the same as going to law school.
Kind of like going to nursing school doesn’t prepare you to actually BE a nurse...You learn all of the important stuff in clinical.

She might be better off interning :confused3

Well, she’s not paying the Fed 7+ percent interest rate for loans to attend law school, got her “ internship” without anything more than friendship/infamousness, and in most instances I’ve seen.. is still unable to articulate most ideas without sounding like a high schooler ( no disparagement to HS’ers... but she’s way past that chronologically atleast)
I’ll not hold my breath to see her pass the Bar Exam.
But... one never knows lol

She can’t win for losing.

Yes, she got famous for her 15 minutes BUT, that was like 10 years ago. Her and her family took advantage of it and used it to become what they are.

According to what people say, there are a lot of well off people on these boards. Does that mean we can assume your kids are going to look to cheat on their SATs or that you’ll grease the right palm? Of course not..we know as much about you as you know about them.

I sound like a total Kim fangirl and I’m not. It just rubs me the wrong way that she never catches a break no matter what she does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter