Kim & Bill's Disney Fantasy Cruise Wedding - 10/7/2017

An update for upcoming cruise bride and grooms. The DCL Chefs have updated the cake selections and have discontinued the Mickey & Minnie cake topper. They are also now charging $50 for premium flavors of fillings and cakes and charging $150 for Disney themed cakes which include the premium flavors.

I was not very happy to find this out and asked my coordinator if we could still request our previous selection of the Touch of Character cake with one layer chocolate cake with milk chocolate ganache and the other layer as white cake with raspberry buttercream (these filling are discontinued choices) at no additional fee.

I received good news last week that they will honor our flavor choices. Yippee!!! Good luck to all future brides and I hope you find choices you love!!

Last edited:
I had the same reaction! Learning that the cake topper is also discontinued added to my unhappiness. We are also getting the Touch of Character cake. The wedding seems more real everyday!

Well...another hiccup! DF's family have decided to cancel the cruise. I'm sad about it. I've spent so much time putting together the perfect personalized gift bags for them. Guess what they are getting as Christmas gifts now? If it weren't for my family jumping on last month, it would just be the DF and I. Crossing fingers there are no more hiccups like this...95 days to go. Jesus take the wheel!!

Oh...on a brighter note...the invitations for the cruise are going out in the mail today...I'm not expecting any more reservations, but you never know!!!

:tink:princess:

Last edited:
My poor DF...he took the invitations to the Post Office today. And even though he already took one last week to have it pre-weighed and they told him it would be $1.12 each...today they told him they would be over $2/each because they can't go through the machine. I told him last week they would need to be hand-cancelled, he said he told them that and I figured the $1.12 included the fee.

I also advised that he needed to buy the stamps first, I gave him pics and each denomination of what to buy. He's so frustrated. I think between me sending him arguments that they sometimes will allow under 50 to go without extra fees and maybe he just had a grumpy postal employee...but he let a few invitations go through and they were putting the print out stamps and he knew that's not what we talked about...he stopped and took the rest home. Those invitations are not his friend...bless his heart for trying.

Anyone else have issues? I'm going to take them myself to the PO by my work where the lady is always helpful. Wish me luck!

My poor DF...he took the invitations to the Post Office today. And even though he already took one last week to have it pre-weighed and they told him it would be $1.12 each...today they told him they would be over $2/each because they can't go through the machine. I told him last week they would need to be hand-cancelled, he said he told them that and I figured the $1.12 included the fee.

I also advised that he needed to buy the stamps first, I gave him pics and each denomination of what to buy. He's so frustrated. I think between me sending him arguments that they sometimes will allow under 50 to go without extra fees and maybe he just had a grumpy postal employee...but he let a few invitations go through and they were putting the print out stamps and he knew that's not what we talked about...he stopped and took the rest home. Those invitations are not his friend...bless his heart for trying.

Anyone else have issues? I'm going to take them myself to the PO by my work where the lady is always helpful. Wish me luck!

Actually we had a similar problem. I had attached a magnet to our invites and the lady at the post office told me they wouldn't fit through the machine. Also said $2 each. I left and called DF. He went the next day and a different person told him to just put 2 stamps on each envelope and that was it. So they got mailed that time.

Sorry it's been awhile...so much as happened and time just flies on by!! I'm just about done with all the planning but I'm having such a hard time keeping to a theme...I feel like it's all just Disney on Crack!! LOL!! My dress has been altered and it's ready to travel...I bought a space saver dress bag that I'm going to try out and hopefully it will fit in our carryon dress bag with my DFs tux. Fingers crossed!!!

Speaking of...am I the only one who has a DF who knows exactly what he wants to wear but when it's time to choose he can't make a bleeping decision? So frustrating...pick a tie already...no I'm not going to pick it...do you realize how many other decisions I've already made today...PICK IT!!!! LOL!!

We found out that we will be married on 10/9 onboard DCL which is the same night Halloween is celebrated. We really wanted to dress as Jack & Sally as we've done in the past...we were actually going to retire them afterwards and pick a new costume next year. Welll...that means after getting all dolled up, paying money to have my hair and makeup done, I'd have to put a red wig on and paint my face...uhhh...no...that's not going to happen. I want to be in my pretty princess dress and be the bride on my day. Sooooo....after a lot of back and forth....and many frustrating moments talking the DF of the edge of absurdity (I joke not!)...we decided that we will incorporate Rapunzel and Flynn's wedding attire after our ceremony. I'm pretty happy with that since I originally wanted a Tangled theme and he poo poo'd it. Win!!!

Now I just have to deal with my mom...she is seriously certifiable...I love her to death but sometimes she's just out there. Last week she advised me that she put pieces of clothing together at home for her Halloween outfit. After describing blue sparkly tights, a sequined top, and a furry jacket...and advised that she wouldn't be flashing any of her goodies...she stated she plans on dressing up as a "lady of the night". o_O :confused::earseek::eek::confused3 I kid you not!!! FML...***??? Ya mom...NO...The end!!! I swear she does this to drive me crazy and get a reaction, but sadly, she wasn't joking. I can't even imagine...actually...I can. It's down right scary thinking of my mom the hooker pushing her walker through the corridors of the ship. My sister told her go ahead but she and the kids won't be hanging around her at all. Oh the joys of family!!!

I think that's all to report for today...I'm sure there's more but I can't even articulate it at this moment. Hehehe!!!

Best wishes and make every day magical!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!