Kilamajaro Safari - 12 mo old

mamadonna

Earning My Ears
Can you take a very big 28 LBS 1 year old on Killamajaro Safari. I remember it being pretty rough.

Sure you can. I took my DS when he was 2 1/2 months old (he slept through it, LOL!) and again last week when he was 7 months old (and 21 pounds!). He really enjoyed sitting on my lap looking at the scenery and the animals :)

Our one yo--about the same size as yours-- loved Kilamanjaro Safaris! Yeah the ride is bumpy but it is not too big of a deal. And he spent the whole ride saying, "Ook, ook!" (His version of look) and pointing out al of the animals to us.

Our DD was 11 mos when she went, then was 20 mos and loved it both times. I held her the first trip, but the second I just kept a hand on her when we "ran" from the poachers.

I wore my 28lb 9 mo in a sling for KS. Had no problems. He even fell asleep on my arm during the ride (which made picture taking quite challenging!)

:earsgirl:

Great!! I am really getting excited now. Can't wait. How about Ellen's Energy Adventure? This is another on our questionable list.

Ellen's is no problem. The "ride" moves around, but it is very slow and gliding. The "theater" is dark and I don't remember any really loud sounds. My son (both at 9 months and at 2 years) was quite content on this ride. Nothing too scarey or "Boo"

Anything else? We basically took our son on anything that didn't have height restriction without any problems. Even nursed him on several rides. Our first year at Epcot our ds wanted to nurse while on Spaceship Earth and he was almost asleep when we got to the end. I started to try to get up with him and the CM said, "Go ahead and ride through again." He phoned ahead that a nursing mom was going to ride it again. I did get a few strange looks from the people in line though LOL!

:earsgirl:

The safari ride was great - no problem. But Ellen's Energy ride - we thought - was terrible. The beginning movie was 20 minutes long and so loud it hurt our ears. The ride, if you can get through the movie, was fun, but not long enough to make up for the movie. Now, they may have changed it since we first saw it 8/00, our 5 year old at the time disliked it so much, he immediately crossed it off his list for our January visit.

Ellen's Energy adventure is a long show - I think the whole thing is 45 minutes. The first movie has some dark parts and also some very loud explosions (the Big Bang theory) before you get to the part where you ride thru the dinosaurs. There is another movie after the dino part. During the whole show, you are riding in slowly moving (or for the movie parts, just standing still) theater cars. I don't know if there is any way to leave once the show starts in case your child doesn't like it.

Originally posted by mamadonna
Can you take a very big 28 LBS 1 year old on Killamajaro Safari. I remember it being pretty rough.

Sure can! We took our 3 year old and 13 month old in October, and our 1 year old actually fell asleep during the ride. LOL
It is bouncy, but no more so than when Daddy bounces them giving them horsey rides or anything. <g>

I'd say yes to the safari- no problem. But the Ellen's Energy Adventure I'd give it some real thought before doing it. The movie is long (I enjoyed it but I'm not sure my kids would- especially that young) and the ride CAN be scary for some children. I know it would probably scare my youngest two or atleast my youngest (if Snow White's scary adventure would scare them- avoid Ellen's adventure) That's my opinion.

Yes to the safari. No to Ellen's Adventure - we just did it last week. It was long and DS was bored 1/2 way through. And it did get loud, but that didn't bother DS. Canium Command (also in Epcot) was a hit with DS (DH too for that matter - laughed out loud), but again it is a bit loud.

...and she fell asleep! She was 7 m's old, but she had a blast at WDW! (just like her mom! ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter