Kid's Trip Pages to print out =0)

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this but I haven't seen it so far. I purchased an artist's sketch pad 8X11. Get something with at least 70-80lb paper and a ring binder so you can fold the cover all the way over. I've used stickers, cut up photographs, and cut outs of Disney characters to decorate this. I'm making my own travel journal / autograph book for the kids (and me). I've written down a list of the best questions I picked out of the mouseforless website to put in there. Now the kids can be involved creating this, they can draw pictures, & we can customize it as we go. The best part is it should get us the best autographs (with space to eventually paste a picture of my kids with the character next to the autograph).

I used to be a Disney character and the secret is that they actually love to sign autographs but only when it seems valuable to the guest. You see so many Disney bought autograph books in a day and you figure this autograph of yours is just another item to check off a list for the guest you are in front of. I could sign 50-100 autographs a set and close to a thousand on a full day. You get into auto pilot mode with them. But when you see a home made autograph book, you know the guest really cares about your autograph and you put a lot more effort into it. You know that this guest will show it off often and not just toss it in a box like most Disney mass produced autograph books end up. Plus, if you have a quality piece of sketch paper, an artist's pen or at least a sharpie in good shape, (and wonder of wonders) the extra space beyond the typical small 4X6 space you find in the Disney autograph book; then you really want to go to town and see how nice and elaborate you can make your autograph for once. When I was doing this for a living, if I ever got something like I just described, the I would take some extra time and personalize it, write down a movie quote, or even draw a cartoon or character related picture on the autograph. It snapped me out of my autograph routine and made me really pay attention to what I was doing.

Try it out.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!! pixiedust:

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this but I haven't seen it so far. I purchased an artist's sketch pad 8X11. Get something with at least 70-80lb paper and a ring binder so you can fold the cover all the way over. I've used stickers, cut up photographs, and cut outs of Disney characters to decorate this. I'm making my own travel journal / autograph book for the kids (and me). I've written down a list of the best questions I picked out of the mouseforless website to put in there. Now the kids can be involved creating this, they can draw pictures, & we can customize it as we go. The best part is it should get us the best autographs (with space to eventually paste a picture of my kids with the character next to the autograph).

I used to be a Disney character and the secret is that they actually love to sign autographs but only when it seems valuable to the guest. You see so many Disney bought autograph books in a day and you figure this autograph of yours is just another item to check off a list for the guest you are in front of. I could sign 50-100 autographs a set and close to a thousand on a full day. You get into auto pilot mode with them. But when you see a home made autograph book, you know the guest really cares about your autograph and you put a lot more effort into it. You know that this guest will show it off often and not just toss it in a box like most Disney mass produced autograph books end up. Plus, if you have a quality piece of sketch paper, an artist's pen or at least a sharpie in good shape, (and wonder of wonders) the extra space beyond the typical small 4X6 space you find in the Disney autograph book; then you really want to go to town and see how nice and elaborate you can make your autograph for once. When I was doing this for a living, if I ever got something like I just described, the I would take some extra time and personalize it, write down a movie quote, or even draw a cartoon or character related picture on the autograph. It snapped me out of my autograph routine and made me really pay attention to what I was doing.

Try it out.

AWESOME tip, thank you so much! I'm almost sure our journal will turn into our favorite bedtime read, so I hope it's full of fun memories. I'll definitely work on making our own. Thank you, everyone, for the sites and tips! This thread may be 11 years old but it's full of good stuff! <3:worship:

Thanks for the pages!! Been looking for a journal since the original one I had in mind no longer is up.
:):):):):):)

Thanks for the idea, Agraba Insider! Totally makes sense that the autograph would seem more valued by the person if it was on homemade papers and if the character had more space to experiment with signing! I will definitely do this for my daughter for our next trip.

Try it out.

This is awesome! Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't really want to make a scrapebook using loose pages and the little autograph books will just get tossed in a drawer somewhere to be forgotten forever! My DD's dad is an aspiring comic book artist so I can have him add some original artwork to the pages too. Thanks for the great tip!

This is a great idea to do for little ones to keep them entertain in the car ride there.

This is an awesome idea! My daughter is homeschooled and this will help with keeping up with all we do!

Oh wow! This is a great idea!! Perfect for my little one and I to work on this summer before our trip. We are really looking forward to meeting characters and this will make the experience extra special.

Thank you so much for posting this - I'm going to have such fun between now and next May when we go to Paris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter