~~~Kids sale free on European cruises-just got email from TA!

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
Got this in my email-Kids (17 and Younger) Sail Free on European Disney Cruise Line Vacations sailing from April 24 - May 26, 2010 when traveling with two full-fare Guests in the same stateroom.:goodvibes
Under this promotion a family of four (two adults and two kids ages 17 and younger) can sail for as little as $4641 in a Category 10 Deluxe Interior Stateroom on the May 5, 2010 10-night sailing. That rate includes all port charges and government fees and is less than $117 per person per day!

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/special-offers/kids-sail-med-free/

Sorry for the repost! I searched for it and nothing came up!

Such a great deal... though now I feel sick knowing we paid $9,000 for the 4 of us for the 2007 Med. Cruise....:sick:

Here's my prediction...the EB transatlantic will get down to $1500 for a family of 4, Cat 11.

We got $2,000 for the same Cat, for 4 people in 2007.
The economy is worse and it is a week earlier in the school year.

Anybody want to bet a Coke on this?:rolleyes:

Such a great deal... though now I feel sick knowing we paid $9,000 for the 4 of us for the 2007 Med. Cruise....:sick:

Here's my prediction...the EB transatlantic will get down to $1500 for a family of 4, Cat 11.

We got $2,000 for the same Cat, for 4 people in 2007.
The economy is worse and it is a week earlier in the school year.

Anybody want to bet a Coke on this?:rolleyes:

You'd feel a lot sicker if you booked a 2010 Baltic cruise for a family of 4, Cat. 11!

You'd feel a lot sicker if you booked a 2010 Baltic cruise for a family of 4, Cat. 11!

You can really compare the Baltics cruise prices with the Med cruise prices. This is the 1st time DCL is going to the Baltics and there are only 4 cruises going in prime sailing season for that region. Our 2008 Baltics cruise was only a little cheaper than our 2010 Magic Baltics cruise.
We need to sail in the summer when the fares are higher, we can't sail when the Magic is going to the Med to take advantage of the kids sail free offer.

Why? Is the Baltic not included?

I am assuming like previous cruises, if you book and the prices go down, you get that lower price, right?

You can really compare the Baltics cruise prices with the Med cruise prices. This is the 1st time DCL is going to the Baltics and there are only 4 cruises going in prime sailing season for that region. Our 2008 Baltics cruise was only a little cheaper than our 2010 Magic Baltics cruise.
We need to sail in the summer when the fares are higher, we can't sail when the Magic is going to the Med to take advantage of the kids sail free offer.

I was commenting on the price of the Baltic cruises in 2010 vs. what misseulalie paid for her Med cruise in 2007. If spending $9000 makes one sick, spending $10,000+ should make one sicker!

I don't know what cruise line you were on in 2008, but I looked at Baltic cruises for 2010. Unless you look at luxury lines like Crystal - no one has starting prices as high as Disney.

Why? Is the Baltic not included?

I am assuming like previous cruises, if you book and the prices go down, you get that lower price, right?
There are no promotions for the Baltic cruises...yet. Supposedly they are selling well, but I think there will be a lot of cancellations when the final payment date draws near.

Should I wait to book till later ? We are thinking to book the Med cruise but still find them expensive.
TBH, I also think that these cruises are not selling well so I am not very sure what to do at this point in time... maybe just wait and see.
I am hoping to be able to grab a cat12 (for a family of 4) for the Med cruises. Have not seen those appearing yet. Cat12 is showing for 2 or 3 people but not for 4 yet.

I'm hoping they might extend this promo to include dates in June as our schools finish the year on the 15th. We were going to do a land tour, but with this discount I'd rather cruise!

My TA said the offer is for the Med cruises because they are not selling well.

And yes, the sticker price for our back-to-back cruises we had booked for Disney for next year were VERY hard to swallow. We were booked for the 12-day Baltic and 8-day repo to Barcelona. Unfortunately, as much as we truly loved sailing the Med with Disney, we could not justify these prices for next year. So we did some research and found an INCREDIBLE deal on Holland America for a 20-day cruise with the same Baltic itinerary as Disney, but with stops in Norway and Scotland instead of France and Spain. And this is for a SUITE (398 square feet) as opposed to a verandah, and is still LESS than what we were going to pay for just the 12-day on Disney.

So we are still getting the 20-days, but in a suite, for less than what the 12-day verandah room on Disney was costing. And we are getting two extra ports and one extra day at sea. It is round trip from Dover also.

And yes, the sticker price for our back-to-back cruises we had booked for Disney for next year were VERY hard to swallow. We were booked for the 12-day Baltic and 8-day repo to Barcelona. Unfortunately, as much as we truly loved sailing the Med with Disney, we could not justify these prices for next year. So we did some research and found an INCREDIBLE deal on Holland America for a 20-day cruise with the same Baltic itinerary as Disney, but with stops in Norway and Scotland instead of France and Spain. And this is for a SUITE (398 square feet) as opposed to a verandah, and is still LESS than what we were going to pay for just the 12-day on Disney.

So we are still getting the 20-days, but in a suite, for less than what the 12-day verandah room on Disney was costing. And we are getting two extra ports and one extra day at sea. It is round trip from Dover also.

Nice:)

We did the same thing back in 2007, but ended up switching back to DCL. Our kids were 4 and 6 at the time and even though we ended up paying more, it was worth it with the kids. We left them on the ship a lot during port days and we knew DCL's childs programming well and felt more secure.

Haha, Actually I am going to make my own prediction, and I am very confident this will be the case...

The EB repo will fall to $1500 and will sail half empty. However, unlike last time the seas will be calm and the weather awesome!

The WB repo will continue to book up, and grow in cost. This time however, the weather will be crappy, and the seas rough as they come.

How do I know this......

Well, *** I am booked on the WB so it's bound to happen!!:lmao:

RedSox68 said:

I just took a peek at HAL's web site to see which ship you're on, and the Eurodam's itinerary looks fabulous! Here it is, in case any others are interested: http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-...umber=1&voyageCode=D033A&destCode=E&dateCode=

Haha, Actually I am going to make my own prediction, and I am very confident this will be the case...

The EB repo will fall to $1500 and will sail half empty. However, unlike last time the seas will be calm and the weather awesome!

The WB repo will continue to book up, and grow in cost. This time however, the weather will be crappy, and the seas rough as they come.

How do I know this......

Well, *** I am booked on the WB so it's bound to happen!!:lmao:

I hope you are wrong about the weather on your WB Transatlantic cruise! It will be interesting to see what happens to the prices on all of DCL's 2010 Europe cruises.

I considered the EB Transatlantic, and actually booked it (and cancelled it) - TWICE! However, I promised my daughters I'd take them to Europe in 2010, and my younger daughter (22) will still be in college in April. We decided on a 12-night British Isles cruise on the Crown Princess from Southampton next June, and we'll spend 3 days in Paris and 3 days in London pre-cruise.

NancyIL -- yep, that's the itinerary we booked! Love it -- we get all the Baltic ports Disney is offering, but get BOTH Talinn and Helsinki.

I just looked at the pricing and the sale prices we got for the suite are already gone! But they always have sales. I'm really glad we called back that first week and bumped ourselves up to the suite when it was on sale!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter