Kids races logistics

avalovesminnie

Mouseketeer
So I signed all three of my kids up for the kids races at Avengers. They will be 2, 5 and 7 so running all 3 distances. I'm wondering how to manage this with just 2 parents. The older kids do swim team and are used to lining up and waiting for their event so would be Ok running solo and us meeting them at the end. I am thinking one of us will run with the 2 year old, the other parent waits with older kids, gets 5 year old to starting area and then runs with 7 year old or walks around course to meet him at the end. I'm wondering what the check in process of the kids is like and how hard it will be for them to find us at the end. How big is the area they hold the kids before releasing them to parents. How do parents of older kids do this usually? My 7 year old can totally out sprint me but I'm sure he'll start slowing after the first 200 yards...might be embarrassing tho to be running with a group of kids who totally out run me!

Actually seeing kids outrun their parents is pretty common... so its not embarrassing. The parents that are embarrassed are the ones that think they can keep up with their kids and realize during the race they can't.

I think your plan is perfect. One of you run with the young one and the other wait with the middle kid and the older kid. Once the middle kid takes off, drop back with your older kid to their race. You will walk in together but sepaate into the corrals. The youngest being at the front corrals.

As for the end, its a narrow area. At the end, the parents need to have a tear off stub that matches their kids bib number. So I would say the first parent wait with the youngest after the medallion handout... tell the middle child to keep walking and get their medallion and look for the parent and youngest. Same with the second parent and oldest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!