Kid's Menus at Buffets and Family Style Meals?

mbaker1277

Mouseketeer
We are interested in eating at Ohana's , Biergarten, and the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I know most of these are served family style, but my 4yr. DD is a picky eater, and basically if it is not chicken she won't eat it . We have eaten at Akershus before and they had a separate kid's menu if they didn't want to eat off of the buffet. Do any of these restaurants have this option? Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Originally posted by mbaker1277
We are interested in eating at Ohana's , Biergarten, and the Whispering Canyon Cafe. I know most of these are served family style, but my 4yr. DD is a picky eater, and basically if it is not chicken she won't eat it . We have eaten at Akershus before and they had a separate kid's menu if they didn't want to eat off of the buffet. Do any of these restaurants have this option? Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Just got back from a trip and ate at Ohana's and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Ohanas' brought out some chicken nuggets for the the kids. Whipering Canyon Cafe is not family style, you choose from the menu and they had a kids menu. Both were alot of fun for the kids! Go hungry to both places, the food was delicious!

At 'Ohana, you will need to ask for a different menu for the kids, because they really don't have one. Request to see the menu from Kona Cafe... they have all of the "kid's menu" items.

As for Whispering Canyon... we thought the kids menu looked better than the adult menu...lol!

As for Biergarten, they do have a kids menu, with all of the regular kids stuff.

Originally posted by eeyore0062

As for Biergarten, they do have a kids menu, with all of the regular kids stuff.
are you sure Biergarten has a kids menu? I know on our first trip they did not, because the family we were seated with had a son that didn't want the buffett. They had to wait and get him something to eat after they left Biergarten.

Also ... At Akershus the meals aren't typical kids meals.
The chicken tenders with corn and potatoes for example

The tenders were highly seasoned and baked, the potatoes were mashed red skinned potatoes (with the skins on). This was ok with DS but I know many kids who wouldn't have touched their kids meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter