Kids Give Kids the World: Update

wendydarling826

DIS Veteran
As I posted a couple of months ago, my fourth grade class has an ongoing goal of raising money for GKTW. Our first big project was a used book sale. The kids advertised the sale in school, we collected donations over a two week period, and then we held the sale on two days. Other classes visited our sale and bought books for a quarter each. We raised $363.80! The kids were amazed to see how much the funds raised will do for families who visit GKTW and are already talking about what we can do next. Seeing their pride and satisfaction in doing something to help others brought home to me the real power of the Power of 10. In addition to the book sale, through our ongoing classroom "wish" project we raised enough to buy a flattie, and we're sending him off this week. So that's $400. in two months - pretty good for one class of 9 year olds!

That is wonderful!!! Great job everyone. I am looking forward to receiving your Flattie!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter