Kids club

sabaka

Earning My Ears
We have 3 adopted children from Sibera Russia and will be going on a 4 day cruise. Our Daughter is 13 on paper. I say on paper because when we adopted her no one knew her actual age. When asked when her birthday was she responded, " I was given a gift of a peice of candy once in July." So we made her Birthday July 1st. As for the year we thought we were making her 11 as we compared her size etc. to other children. The documents were in Russian and to our surprize she is now 13. She is going into the 6th grade this fall and all her peers are 11 and 12 and she is the size of an 11 year old. She really wants to be in the kids club as she never has expirenced any of the Disney Magic. We will be travelling with another family who will have a 6 yer old and a 10 year old in the club along with our twin 6 year old twins. My question is will the Disney people make an exception and let her into the club with a passpoert the says age 13? We will be travelling this October. She really will get nothing our of the teen club as she really has the cognitive development of an 11 year old. Thanks in advance for any advice! Oh as side note, When we met her for the fist time in the middle of no where Siberia she was wearing a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and her only American words were Tom and Jerry and Mickey Mouse!!

First congratulations on your adoption...I myself am adopted.

Second you have very good questions, and its been debated on here often. I personally think the best thing to do is contact dcl directly and ask what they can do. I think that they normally let kids drop down an age group, not move up an age group, so I think it wouldnt be a big problem, but I would still ask them.

Have a Magical..and Wonderful trip.
Aimee

Sabaka, you should have no problem dropping your daughter down to the 10-12 group; it is going UP in age that causes more problems. Just explain the situation to the counselors.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful cruise! :sunny:

Thanks all, we will try to call DCL and ask. When we booked the cruise directly with DCL the person said they were not sure if our daughter would be permitted to go to the club. A freind suggested we get a letter from her school stating her peer group is 11 and 12 year olds.She really would be lost with the teen crowd and with only one year of English under her belt I would feel more comfortable if we had to check her in and out of activities!

Welcome sabaka (dog, right?)! We adopted siblings from Siberia as well! How exciting to meet up someone with similar experiences! As you can see by my countdown timer I will not be sailing with you but I wanted to let you know I had similar reservations about the kids club. My children are younger but they do not like to be seperated. I was looking at someone's navigator recently and saw where one of the counselors is from Russia! I don't know if she's still there or not but my daughter was very excited. Just an FYI! Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk. Congratulations and good luck!! :D

Luckymommyx2, It is nice to know that there may be a Russian speaking counselor! Our twins have been here for over 3 years but our Daughter has only been here 1 year so a Russian speaker would really be a plus for her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter