Kids Club Question

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I had assumed that the kids would check into the kids club (ages 5-7) and this would be a big room with several activities and the kids would be able to go from activity to activity in the club at their own pace when ever they wanted. But I am getting the impression from reading on one site something called a "Navigator" that the activities are all scheduled at a specific time? Is this true? Do the kids in the club all stay together and do one specific activity? If so, do you have to sign up for these activities? Is there a limited number of spots? Thanks in advance.

My mother, daughter, and I just returned from a WONDERful Jan.12-16 voyage of the Wonder.
The Oceaneers Club (age 5-7) is a good sized room where you check in your child. It is like a play room but there are scheduled activities as well. There is a Navigator to tell when they are scheduled. The kids in that age group do the activity together (they also go to the Oceaneers Lab for the activities). You do not have to sign them up and there was only 2 activities with a certain time to get there by. We were late for one due to the DISNEY DREAMS show and they let my daughter in anyway :) .
There was not a limited amount of spots and the kids in the Club were automatically involed if there.
I had great freedom when dropping my daughter off and picking her up. She would page me when needed, and it was a short trip to go check/pick her up.

Have a wonderful time!!!
Wish we were there!!

Every child is guaranteed a spot in the programming, you only need register them the first day and then you can sign them in and out as you please. They only ask that you do not sign in and out during the times they transition kids from one place on the ship to another.

There are organized activities and free time scheduled. When the child is checked into the programming they will participate in the activity scheduled for that age group.

My 5 year old son and 9 year old son really enjoyed most of the programs in the Kids Club and Lab. My oldest is not much of an athlete so when certain "sports" oriented programs were scheduled he stayed with us. When movies were scheduled my youngest didn't like it and beeped us to take him away too.

Keep in mind that the children move to where the program is going to be held (i.e., Studio Sea for dancing and karoake, Sports deck for basketball, Buena Vista theater for movies, etc.). This way the kids don't stay in the same room all week.

However, we were surprised to learn that if a child does NOT like a certain program they still must attend that particular "area" (like the sports deck or theater) with all the other children in that age group. They cannot opt to stay and play in the Lab and have free time. My son just wanted to work on the computer and PS2 as well as perform experiments and stuff like that.

That would be my ONLY negative comment about the children's programs.

Thanks all! I was afraid that would be the answer. I like the idea of planned activities, but I was hoping you could opt out of the planned activity and still have free time on the computers or experiements or whatever, but that does not sound like the case. Also, it sounds like if you miss the time for a planned activity such as making Goo, your out of luck because it is only scheduled once on each cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter