Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

Yes, London is the capital of both The United Kingdom and also of England. From the encyclopedia Britannica;
United Kingdom, island country located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe. The United Kingdom comprises the whole of the island of Great Britain—which contains England, Wales, and Scotland—as well as the northern portion of the island of Ireland. The name Britain is sometimes used to refer to the United Kingdom as a whole. The capital is London...

ETA, and here;
London, city, capital of the United Kingdom.

Agreed with others that this is great and an upgrade from Duffy on a stick. DD loved coloring Duffy, but we always struggled to figure out what to do with the completed Duffy when we get back from a trip. These postcards will fit nicely into a scrapbook/photo album, or just tucked away with other mementos.

No, it's the capital of Great Britain. Scotland has Glasgow and Northern Ireland has Belfast.
Then why does every reliable source I can find online list it as also being the UK capital. It can be the capital of both.

ETA: as quoted above.

Because London is the capital of the UK.

Do you think the CMs of the other Countries we talked to yesteday meant they don't "consider" London "their" Capital?

They said London IS England's capital,but it is NOT their Capital and that their Capitals were supposed to be on the Cards also.

I do like this. It ties into Epcot much better than “Duffy on a stick”. Although, I wish they would have incorporated a scavenger hunt to locate the cards.

During the Art Festival, my teen son really enjoyed the pin scavenger hunt (hunting for Figment in the Art) as well as that other activity that I can’t recall the name of -you find the spot then rub a crayon over it to reveal a picture. Both activities were so much fun.

Here now Got the suitcase yesterday, very cute you can colour in one side of the little cards. You get a sticker for the outside of the suitcase, and there is space in the card for cast member personalization. You don't get a stamp but we saw lots of people with the passports you buy.

No, it's the capital of Great Britain. Scotland has Glasgow and Northern Ireland has Belfast.

The United Kingdom includes Scotland and Northern Ireland. London is it's capital. And Unless they go independent and cease being constituents, it is theirs as well. That Constituents have their own capitals too does not negate London as their capital. By the way the capital of Scotland is not Glasgow. It is Edinburgh.

Kind of glad about this one. Though I did like it, it was a pain to tote around the park. I like the ziploc replacement!!

I missed the memo on stick Duffy's retirement! My young daughter had lots of fun downtime with stick Duffy, but it was awkward to carry around/transport. This looks really cute and much easier to manage!

Thankfully this is a cute idea, since they threw poor Duffy to the side! We'll definitely be picking them up next time.

Duffy was really never designed to be in Epcot at all, it was a marketing idea that Disney had because in Japan, Duffy is EVERYWHERE.

The story goes that at Tokyo DisneySea (aka the best theme park on earth) Mickey was going sailing to the various ports of call and had to leave Minnie behind, so she gave him the bear to remember their love (shhh, in Tokyo, Mickey and Minnie are.....officially MARRIED! Gasp!)

Anyway, at least for a while, every young female in Japan owned some kind of Duffy bear it seemed like.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]not to worry, you caN still catch Duffy on your in room hotel channel for bedtime story :) just saw this now at AKL

Attachments

• 1532038041393757781950560196925.jpg
    1532038041393757781950560196925.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 11

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!