Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

The bolded above has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Some people will complain about anything.
Lol. True. Guess you haven't spent a lot of time people watching in the parks huh? That's mild compared to some of the ridiculous things people complain about

Though as one who bought pricy customs for DGD it was a concern. Though I'd never complain to anyone

Yeah I silently complained to myself about the Sharpies. Kids clothes are expensive and the Sharpie can not be washed out.

Depends on whether they wash out.

Disagree. Take some personal responsibility. Everyone who goes to Disney knows what a marker is and how it works. If you know your kids are messy artists, or don't want them to risk getting marker on them, bypass the coloring. Take the "duffy" home where you can safely supervise with your crayons (or whatever).

Yeah I silently complained to myself about the Sharpies. Kids clothes are expensive and the Sharpie can not be washed out.

Then bypass the coloring area. Your kid will be ok if he can't color. Or bring crayons from home.

Last edited:

Disagree. Take some personal responsibility. Everyone who goes to Disney knows what a marker is and how it works. If you know your kids are messy artists, or don't want them to risk getting marker on them, bypass the coloring. Take the "duffy" home where you can safely supervise with your crayons (or whatever).

Then bypass the coloring area. Your kid will be ok if he can't color. Or bring crayons from home.
I know in my case, I did neither, I didn't stop DGD from coloring with them and I didn't complain to anyone. I did cringe and watch and hope she didn't ruin any of her clothing, or worse, the others around her, since it is a tight place and sometimes kids are you know, not perfectionists since they are you know, kids and all that. Even the best and most well trained of them make mistakes and accidentally move their hand wrong and touch something with a marker that they shouldn't. It's not because they are running around drawing willy nilly on everything and anything like heathens. It's because they are young and learning and should probably be cut some slack by the adults around them.

True. And considering they used Sharpies for several years, they did not wash out

Sharpies? Aren't they permanent? I'm pretty sure that's what my Mum used to label my school stuff when I was a kid! Seems a bad choice for kids colouring. What's wrong with normal felt tip pens or Crayola marker type things?

I know in my case, I did neither, I didn't stop DGD from coloring with them and I didn't complain to anyone. I did cringe and watch and hope she didn't ruin any of her clothing, or worse, the others around her, since it is a tight place and sometimes kids are you know, not perfectionists since they are you know, kids and all that. Even the best and most well trained of them make mistakes and accidentally move their hand wrong and touch something with a marker that they shouldn't. It's not because they are running around drawing willy nilly on everything and anything like heathens. It's because they are young and learning and should probably be cut some slack by the adults around them.

Never said kids were, you know, heathens and you know all that. Said, you know, you, take personal responsibility for your little snowflake. You know? :rolleyes:

Sharpies? Aren't they permanent? I'm pretty sure that's what my Mum used to label my school stuff when I was a kid! Seems a bad choice for kids colouring. What's wrong with normal felt tip pens or Crayola marker type things?
Yep. Sharpies. And Yep. Permanent. Pretty sure they only used them because they got them to be a sponsor.

Never said kids were, you know, heathens and you know all that. Said, you know, you, take personal responsibility for your little snowflake. You know? :rolleyes:

No one is not taking responsibility for their child. Where on earth did you get that from? I'm not sure how exactly you can plan for a child accidentally getting marker on something. If you can by all means share. Because maybe you'll help me know how to accidentally stop getting a marker on myself every now and then. Since I suppose you have never done that yourself.

Yep. Sharpies. And Yep. Permanent. Pretty sure they only used them because they got them to be a sponsor.

No one is not taking responsibility for their child. Where on earth did you get that from? I'm not sure how exactly you can plan for a child accidentally getting marker on something. If you can by all means share. Because maybe you'll help me know how to accidentally stop getting a marker on myself every now and then. Since I suppose you have never done that yourself.

I have a surefire way to prevent a kid from getting marker on something....don't give them a marker! :)

I have a surefire way to prevent a kid from getting marker on something....don't give them a marker! :)
Ok, solved that one. How about the not kids that want to color Duffy's (or the new things)? How do we keep them/us from accidentally getting marker on things?

I get the feeling that asking a city to stop spreading broken glass across a playground would be interpreted by some as avoiding responsibility for their precious snowflakes.

Waterproof markers are just as inexpensive. God forbid you submit the suggestion to Disney to increase the number of kids who can color at Epcot.

There's a kids activity table at the FEA dessert party which includes coloring, and regular crayons are provided.

Has it been confirmed that there is coloring?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter