Kidani Villas 2bdr standard view help..

pixie08

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I am booking a2 bdr standard view room for November. My brother will be with us who is in a motorized chair and needs a roll in shower. The only option available is a lock off which I think is fine. We can make do with just one queen (although I may waitlist the dedicated because the extra bed would be nice so we do not have to use pull out).

I have booking question. There are two options under roll in shower. One option is just a roll in shower. The second is roll in shower and tub with grab bars.

It is my understanding the 2bd with the roll ins have a roll in in the studio, a roll in and master and still have the Jacuzzi tub.Having the roll in in the studio is more helpful but as long as it is one bath it can work. I need a tub for my toddler son. My hunch is the second option (roll in and tub with hand rails) is the roll in just in the master and tub with handle rails in studio.

based on this I think we need the one that just states roll in shower. I plan to call MS in the morning but I was trying to book this tonight because there are very few rooms anywhere left with roll ins.

i know this is complicated but I was thinking someone here may have this answer. Thank you!

I spoke to MS (after a long 30 min wait) and they clarified. I am responding in case anyone searches they can find the info...

The 2 bedroom Standard view lock off with Roll in shower- it is in fact a roll in shower in both rooms, the standard and master.
The 2 bedroom standard lock view off roll in and tub with rails- the roll in shower is only in the one bedroom portion. The studio has a tub with hand rails.

i am assuming the same categorization would apply to a Savannah view 2 bedroom lock off as well.

Thanks for your update. These pictures are from 2012, but the layout would still be the same.
The bathroom pictures are the roll in shower and whirlpool tub from the Master bedroom.

One additional ‘piece’ is that there is a second full bathroom in the 1 bedroom portion (so a 2 bedroom standard or lock off actually has 3 full baths).
We stayed in a one bedroom portion of a roll in shower lock off. Unfortunately, my pictures got deleted from my phone and I don’t remember what was in the ‘extra’ bathroom.
I posted these up after my November trip in the room thread it was just down the hall from the Main Lobby not far at all and it was a 2 bdrm lock-off (1 studio and 1bdrm combined) Savannah View

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1180437&page=11

Here are the pictures of the 2bdrm lockoff at AKV room 7616/7618

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Thanks Sue! Great blog post!

Yes I think the third bathroom (which is only in Kidani not Jambo) is not at all accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter