Kidani studios showing full availability in December if people are looking

Wonder what the explanation is there....there is a ton of availability

I posted a thread in the resorts thread as well. Looks to be all categories....from studios to 2BR and looks to be from October into 2020

Haha. I just switched my pitifully pieced together reservation staying at different places AKV-Kidani. When I opened DIS and saw this, I smiled because I had taken advantage of it not 5 minutes before.

Hope it's real availability and not another error (which could result in a big mess and disappointed/upset guests!

I don’t think so because a few dates are now showing as unavailable. Maybe they were planning another refurb and took rooms out of inventory, but it was cancelled. The rooms would show back up as suddenly available in that case. That would make sense from what we’ve seen lately.

Haha. I just switched my pitifully pieced together reservation staying at different places AKV-Kidani. When I opened DIS and saw this, I smiled because I had taken advantage of it not 5 minutes before.
I would be lying if I said I didn’t do the exact same thing before I posted. We had 4 nights in 4 different rooms. So it took me a few mins of modifying before I was able to post haha

Well, my one night waitlist for a studio in Kidani did not match, and this morning nothing is available. :sad2:

We booked a two bedroom in Kidani right at 7 months, hoping to get room for someone to join us for one night. Oh well, have to read Disboards more often so I get breaks like that one!:thumbsup2

Well, my one night waitlist for a studio in Kidani did not match, and this morning nothing is available. :sad2:

We booked a two bedroom in Kidani right at 7 months, hoping to get room for someone to join us for one night. Oh well, have to read Disboards more often so I get breaks like that one!:thumbsup2
This really bothers me about the waitlist. I actually also had a waitlist in for one of the days I saw available. Had to manually modify my existing reservation and cancel the waitlist. I have yet to have a waitlist fill like it should but have now added at least 3 single days that have all been individually waitlisted. I have zero faith in the waitlist but have had great success stalking when I’m able to.

I had waitlist come through yesterday. Went on it exactly at seven months. It was for five night Kidani studio standard in December

I had waitlist come through yesterday. Went on it exactly at seven months. It was for five night Kidani studio standard in December
I almost think you work for Disney jk. But I do wonder what causes some to fill and others to not and let people book their rooms. If the PP was talking about in December as my title says then I watched all of December stay available for at least a few mins min as I was constantly refreshing to see if it was a glitch. Days slowly disappeared all day. Maybe a waitlist filled ahead of the PP but the days were still sitting there to be booked at some point as were mine. Happy to hear some do have success with it like yourself though! Hope your room come through Bobbi.

Weird now I’m seeing some value days at Jambo the first week of December when they were supposed to be out for refurb.

Weird now I’m seeing some value days at Jambo the first week of December when they were supposed to be out for refurb.
I believe 12/3 was the day that the rooms were taken out of inventory. Could have been added back simply because the refurbishment that is supposed to happen (to the resort not the rooms) that necessitate the closing of those rooms is being pushed back. At least they claim the area that those rooms are in require closing for the resort refurbishment.

From what I saw posted, Dec 3-7 was added back. Will have to keep an eye on the value rooms in case the refurb gets cancelled or pushed back further.

I believe 12/3 was the day that the rooms were taken out of inventory. Could have been added back simply because the refurbishment that is supposed to happen (to the resort not the rooms) that necessitate the closing of those rooms is being pushed back. At least they claim the area that those rooms are in require closing for the resort refurbishment.

My bet? We'll slowly see them all added back since they never should have been removed. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!