Kidani Savannah View Question

Kes

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom Savannah View Kidani and I can't be more excited. We've stayed at AKL a few times and love the resort. Our niece is coming along for her first trip in 5 years. She's never been to AKL and just loves animals - she volunteers at our local zoo.

I've seen a lot of posts about what to request to be near the lobby or the pool, but what do you request for the best views of the animals? She loves giraffes so I definitely want Sunset, but is a higher floor better, a lower floor?

Thanks in advance :)

We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom Savannah View Kidani and I can't be more excited. We've stayed at AKL a few times and love the resort. Our niece is coming along for her first trip in 5 years. She's never been to AKL and just loves animals - she volunteers at our local zoo.

I've seen a lot of posts about what to request to be near the lobby or the pool, but what do you request for the best views of the animals? She loves giraffes so I definitely want Sunset, but is a higher floor better, a lower floor?

Thanks in advance :)

On our last trip, our friends, who's wife has a heart defect, travel with us. When I told my husband that I had requested a room near the lobby so she wouldn't have to walk so much, he became upset because he thought that they would also place us on a lower floor and he wanted enough height from the balcony to see the animals. We did however get on the fifth floor and we did get by the lobby so it worked out well for us. If I could learn how to post pictures I could show you what a great view we had. We easily could see the rabbits that we also saw on the savanna and they were much smaller than any of the giraffes. :)

We were on the third floor and loved it. I would want 2nd or 3rd floor. It's nice to be closer to the animals

I've stayed 2nd, 3rd and 4th and I've thought all had excellent views.

Hmmm...sounds like they're all good. We've stayed in Jambo before and I still remember watching the giraffes walking towards us as we sat on the balcony enjoying our breakfast. I just wish I remembered what floor we were on. It sounds like I definitely want upper. We usually request the top floor - I hate noise over our heads - but I was worried it would be too far away from the animals at AKV. Thanks!

We recently stayed 1 nt in a studio at Kidani. We were on the 5th floor, second to the last area....so 1/2 mile from the lobby. It really was quite a walk, but at least it was inside with the air conditioning. :). It was a beautiful view and I loved waking up to see the animals grazing. A Lower floor would've been better, but we were only there 1 nt, so no complaining here. The walk from Kidani to Jambo House was also a 1/2 mile. In 1 nt we walked back and forth 3 times. They do have a van to shuttle you to Jambo, but we didn't want to wait. We had a great stay, but I think I'd request a room close to the lobby next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter