Kidani 2BR Standard Request

cometdad2010

Mouseketeer
I'm booking a 2BR standard view at Kidani for our Oct 2021 trip. We were hoping for a Savannah view, but the borrowing restrictions got in the way of that :)

I know requests are never guaranteed, but I'm hoping for at least a partial view -- not parking lot! I'm adding this request: "Flr 4 or 5, NW Facing Room. Near Pumbaa elevator"

Any thoughts? We are new resale owners and this will be our first DVC trip. AKV is our home resort -- I'm sure we'll get to the savannah eventually -- but it would certainly be magical for this trip!

I'm booking a 2BR standard view at Kidani for our Oct 2021 trip. We were hoping for a Savannah view, but the borrowing restrictions got in the way of that :)

I know requests are never guaranteed, but I'm hoping for at least a partial view -- not parking lot! I'm adding this request: "Flr 4 or 5, NW Facing Room. Near Pumbaa elevator"

Any thoughts? We are new resale owners and this will be our first DVC trip. AKV is our home resort -- I'm sure we'll get to the savannah eventually -- but it would certainly be magical for this trip!
When we had booked a Standard 2BR @ Kidani I requested a North Trail, high floor...room such as 7X35. We got 7935 (exactly what we had hoped) which had a nice view for standard. A bit to the right was savanna and to the left was pool blocked by trees.

7935.JPG7935_2.JPG

You will have a better view of the animals from the 2nd floor. Trees block your view from the higher floors. But with a standard view, it doesn't matter, you can still see the parking lot for any floor.

If you want a standard view that is actually savanna view overlooking Pembe savanna, request room near the Pumba elevator. Since requests are treated in listed order, you should make near Pumba elevator your lead not last request, and it can actually be your lone request. Be aware if you get a room near the Pumba elevator, you will have an extremely long walk to the lobby and bus station.

As far as "parking lot view" goes, the standards actually have very little of a parking lot view because 90% of the parking lot is under the building on the first floor. A small portion of the lot appears just outside the building on the south wing and then also on the north wing but it is not really like staring at some huge parking lot, e.g., on that north wing, the lower floors that can see that small bit of parking lot are mainly looking at a hill that leads to the pool.

Also, if you actually get a standard view room with savanna view in the areas near Pumba elevator, lower or higher floor is fine because there are no tree issues since the nearest tree in that area is actually near the perimeter of the savanna away from the building. In fact, I am unaware of any standard view room that has any tree issue.

Last edited:

We were just in a one bedroom near elevator and near lobby. Met both of our requests. Had enough points for a standard instead of our usual savanna. We got a great view of the Porte Cochere.
DSC03832.JPGDSC03833.JPG

I personally just requested the specific set of rooms I wanted and was lucky to get it. Look at Touringplans room numbers and request ones on the Savana near the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter