Keys To The Kingdom Tour

cubsfan

<font color=blue>This is next year!<br><font color
DW and I are going to WDW in Oct and we would like some of that famous DIS board direction and advice on whether or not to take this tour. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated!

My husband & I did this in 2001 on our honeymoon. We thought it was great! You get to see things that you could never imagine & learn about the behind the scenes stuff and how they get everything to work together. It really makes you look at the parks in a different way.

If you don't want to loose the "magic", don't take it. If you want to learn more about WDW, go for it. You won't regret it.

Have fun!

I know I will be in the minority here, but I attended this in June and really didn't enjoy it. I think a lot of the experience has to do with the quality of your tour guide. Ours was new and didn't have very much interesting information.

My opinion won't be popular, but I thought it should be stated. Let the flaming begin>:earsgirl:

no flames here! want both sides of the coin! I know how you felt! We took an Epcot tour a couple of years ago and it was just after they started these tours, before they worked out the bugs, so to speak. It wasn't great. That's why I'm asking about this one.

This was the first tour that my husband and I took. It was fascinating.
Candy was our tour guide and she was wonderful.
I agree, there may be parts of it that will find you looking at things a little differently.
But after saying that, I am glad we went on it. Money well spent.
The vast about of information we gained about Magic Kingdom far outweighs the few shocking things.
Last year we took the flower tour at ECPOT.
This September we are taking the Steam Engine Tour.
Like I said, it allows you some insight into the workings of the parks that the normal guest does not possess.

Loved it so much I have done it twice!

Highly recommend!

The basic info about Walt and the park were boring, but DH and I were the only two who knew what the tour guide was talking about. Everyone else didn't know a single fact about Walt or WDW.

DH and I did this last year. The amazing Rae was our guide and she is priceless. We learned lots of cool stuff and met some of the nicest folks in our little group of 17 (including a young man who once worked for Disney Animation in California).

We plan to do it again one day.

DH and I took the tour for the first time earlier this month. We had a great time and found it fascinating.

DH and I took the tour this past January while on our honeymoon. Rae was our guide and she was wonderful!!! You really learn so much about all the thinking that is behind the World. To this day my husband (a former Disney-disdainer) spouts off all the information he learned on the tour... "Did you know, Disney hand sorts ALL of it's garbage?!?" He thinks he's hot stuff now!!!

We also did this tour with the amazing Rae (I requested her) and it was great!
We learned so much from her and her love of all things Disney is infectious. She is a great tour guide and it was worth every penny!! :sunny:

We took the tour in 2003 and Rae was our guide too. DD and her friend had all kinds of questions for her about working at Disney ( as performers) and she was so kind to answer them.

Another of my DD's took the tour last summer while on her honeymoon. She and DSIL had Rae for their guide also and they loved her. (Do I see a theme here?) Anyway, if you want to know how they do some of the things at WDW, I would highly recommend the tour (and Rae.)

OK, for those of you who had Rae, what days did you go so I can get her too or should I request her when I make reservations?

We also had Rae and like everyone else, we thought she was wonderful. We had her on Tues. June 29 at 8:30 am.

Hi Cubsfan. We are also going in Oct. (1-9) and were thinking about taking this tour. Can any DIS members recommend any particular day or time to go?

Hi,

DH and I did the tour last Dec. and it was ok...it's alot of money for a tour imho. But if you're not worried about the $, then it is an experience to try. (If you have an AP, you get a nice discount).

We did our tour first thing in the morning (I think it was like...8:15 or so? I don't remember exactly, but I just know it was before the park opened and it was a little tough to get to from the WL, we had to take the boat to CR, then the monorail to MK-the boat from WL to MK wasn't running that early), before the park opened and it was SO cold! But it was nice to walk around w/ no one around, it seemed so..."forbidden"! ;)

But it's a long tour, I think about 5 hours, we had Carol and she was SO sweet and informative! Lunch at Columbia Harbour House was good, but again, we went in Dec. and it was SO cold, we had to run into the store to buy sweatshirts!

Hope this helped, ENJOY!!!

I got to do this back in 1996
I was the only one that signed up...so i got the 1 on 1 trip.
I opted not to wait in attraction lines...
Just got the info...
I cant remember the guides name but she was great.
We went underneath the Castle from a hidden door in a shop.
We met Jim Neighbors(sp?) (Gomer Pyle)...he was on a VIP tour...He sung for us...what a voice...
I got backstage to see the Electormagic vehicles..and got to sit in one...it was great...
Plus many other stops
Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter