Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Not wanting to hijack the thread but also don’t want to start yet another thread on this tour....

How far in advance did you book? I’m going in September which will be busy due to SWGE opening but hoping that especially as I’m party of one I can wait and try to book after doing my initial fast pass booking. Will have a few days in MK so hoping one will have availability.

Also, do you think it’s better when the parks are busy - since the guide helps navigate the crowds and you will not have to wait in the lines or will the crowds slow the group down a bit meaning you risk seeing less?

Not wanting to hijack the thread but also don’t want to start yet another thread on this tour....

How far in advance did you book? I’m going in September which will be busy due to SWGE opening but hoping that especially as I’m party of one I can wait and try to book after doing my initial fast pass booking. Will have a few days in MK so hoping one will have availability.

Also, do you think it’s better when the parks are busy - since the guide helps navigate the crowds and you will not have to wait in the lines or will the crowds slow the group down a bit meaning you risk seeing less?

I think I booked in mid January for a trip the first week of March. I don't think I had my pick of every tour time but I still had multiple options at that point.

It was fairly crowded my day (it was spring break season and Mardi Gras) but the crowds didn't seem to slow us down at all. I also took the first tour of the day so that helped.

I want to say we booked about six weeks ahead and believe all times were available. We went during Spring Break which was the end of March.

Is this the tour where we can see the underground tunnels in the Magic Kingdom?

DH and I did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on 5/1/2019. The attractions we visited were Jungle Cruise and The Haunted Mansion. Lunch was at Pecos Bills. I booked the tour in January for May 1st. At that time the CM told me I could have any tour time. The tour was absolutely wonderful!

Did the tour 5/7. I booked in February for Saturday 5/11 at 8am but when after hours for HS was announced and moved to Friday night I wanted to do that so knew I couldn’t get up for an early 5 hour walking tour! I called in early April to switch days as I still wanted the first tour of the day. Fortunately the day I wanted still had lots of availability. But I was solo and going during a less busy time. FYI that the tour was full when I actually took it and one guy was on it who was scheduled to to it The a Thursday before with his wife but then her sister wanted to join but it was sold out. So he let the sister go with his wife and was able to join this tour still at five days out.

We rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and lunched at Pecos Bills

Last edited:

When we did the tour (September 2016), we booked it maybe 4 weeks out without any issue and used the Disney Visa to get a small discount.

Did the tour this past Thursday (May 16). Weather was a bit hot, but everything else was great. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable (Madi from Virginia). She was ballpark 25 years old and had been doing the tour 1-2 times per week for 2 years while working in Guest Relations the other days. She did a great job. Lunch at Pecos Bills was very good. Like most others we rode the Jungle Cruise with a full boat to ourselves. Madi talked the whole time so there was none of the regular jokes, but a lot of inside info. Also rode the Haunted Mansion. Overall it was a great day but very exhausting, mostly due to the heat. We chose to head back to the pool rather than hit the FPs we had set up for afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter