Kevin - Re: Portobello Yacht Club

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
Hi Kevin:

I really enjoyed your review and follow-up review on Portobello. So much so, that I intend on eating there during my upcoming trip . . . I'll tell them you sent me. :goodvibes Hopefully I won't get kicked out. ;)

You mentioned they did not take the DDE, but did you know they offer a 20% discount for lunch and a 10% discount for dinner for DVC owners? I just verified this was still accurate on the DVC website. I know that at one time John owned at DVC; I just don't know if he still does. Hope that helps for the future.

Keep up the great work!! :thumbsup2

Hi Kevin:

I really enjoyed your review and follow-up review on Portobello. So much so, that I intend on eating there during my upcoming trip . . . I'll tell them you sent me. :goodvibes Hopefully I won't get kicked out. ;)

You mentioned they did not take the DDE, but did you know they offer a 20% discount for lunch and a 10% discount for dinner for DVC owners? I just verified this was still accurate on the DVC website. I know that at one time John owned at DVC; I just don't know if he still does. Hope that helps for the future.

Keep up the great work!! :thumbsup2

Hi,

Saw your post.

If anybody wants to know the current discounts, here is what they are:

Portobello Yacht Club discounts

DVC - Lunch 30%
DVC - Dinner 10%

Annual Pass - Lunch 20%
Annual Pass - Dinner 10%

DDE - None

Looks like lunch is a great deal for DVC members.
If you go, post how it was.

Steve Griswold

Hi Steve:

Where did you see a 30% discount for lunch for DVC? The DVC Member website only says 20%. Trust me, I hope you're right, :cutie: but why would the website state a lower discount? :confused3

Hi Steve:

Where did you see a 30% discount for lunch for DVC? The DVC Member website only says 20%. Trust me, I hope you're right, :cutie: but why would the website state a lower discount? :confused3

Hi,

This PDF has all the dining discounts for DVC, AP, and DDE. But the latest version they have posted was updated on March 15th 2007, so since then they may have changed some of these discount amounts.

http://allearsnet.com/pl/disc_dining.pdf

Steve Griswold

Dsis and I went to Portobello Yacht Club for dinner on our January trip - no ADR, just walked in and got a table with less than 5 minutes wait (no hissy fit required ;) ).

And our wonderful server asked both of us for ID for ordering drinks...have I mentioned that yet? I am repeatedly telling everyone I know. (haven't been slapped for it yet, but I am probably getting close with some...)

Anyway, the food was amazing, it was truly wonderful and relaxing meal - if I had gotten the name of the server I would call in to talk about (ok no, I wouldn't - I am not really good at that, so this will have to do.)

And since we both listen to the podcast we gave a little cheers to Kevin's review while we were there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter