Kevin is at the Star Wars Celebration!!!

Star Wars Celebration - Episode V: The Last Day

Yesterday was quite a day, We had what looked like a blizzard outside and the busiest day so far in the Vacation Planning Center.

First, the weather. Our past week in Chicago started with me getting a sunburn and ended with a snowstorm. It looked super nasty outside and flights were cancelled but the only snow that accumulated was on the tops of parked cars and grassy areas. The roads and sidewalks were just wet. We did have to step through some slush puddles on the way to/from dinner last night but nothing too bad.

Today is bright sun and warmer.

As I said we had more people visit the Vacation Planning Center yesterday than any other day so far. Disney had set a sales goal for the Celebration and we surpassed it yesterday at about 2PM. We are all very excited that we could help Disney meet and now exceed their expectations.

Yesterday seemed less crowed at the Celebration in general but more cosplay and more trading of stuff - pins, patches and other things.

I am hoping we are busy today so that the day goes fast - we are ready to leave for sunny Florida tomorrow morning. I will try to post again tonight as we leave early in the morning.

Hey @WebmasterJohn, quick question.....can you describe the seating in that Rise of the Resistance ride vehicle? Comfy? Any clue as to what the safety restraints might be?

As much as I love planing my Disney trips, I almost want to book through Dreams just so I can support all the amazing work you guys do! I might have to try that when it comes time to book that first Disney cruise...hmmmm....anyway thanks for letting us live vicariously through your SW Celebration updates for the past few days!

Star Wars Celebration: End Game (yes, I know, different franchise)

So the event is over. We went to dinner (Pizano's for Italian Food) and we have finished packing. Tomorrow we fly home.

This was a busy, crazy, fun week. We met so many listeners/watchers. They were all awesome.

Our agents worked so very hard I am so grateful to have this incredible team. It wasn't an easy task and they all performed like champions.

As you probably saw Kevin and I tired to get away from work as much as possible but we worked most of the time. It took all five days but today I can say I finally saw all of the trade show. We would do a little at a time when we could.

I will say that EVERYONE was super nice. Staff at the venue and guests were just incredible. It's very amusing when you bump into "Darth Vader" and he says "Excuse Me" or when a storm trooper holds the door for Kevin. No matter how you feel about this level of fan they couldn't have been a nicer group of people.

I'm going to save details and stories for the podcast.

So the event is over. We went to dinner (Pizano's for Italian Food) and we have finished packing. Tomorrow we fly home.

This was a busy, crazy, fun week. We met so many listeners/watchers. They were all awesome.

Our agents worked so very hard I am so grateful to have this incredible team. It wasn't an easy task and they all performed like champions.

As you probably saw Kevin and I tired to get away from work as much as possible but we worked most of the time. It took all five days but today I can say I finally saw all of the trade show. We would do a little at a time when we could.

I will say that EVERYONE was super nice. Staff at the venue and guests were just incredible. It's very amusing when you bump into "Darth Vader" and he says "Excuse Me" or when a storm trooper holds the door for Kevin. No matter how you feel about this level of fan they couldn't have been a nicer group of people.

It was great to see you there!

It really was a cool experience and I agree that everyone was so nice.

Sounds like a great experience, and awesome for Dreams to have achieved what you were aiming for (and some!)

Thank you again for these updates and glad it was an overall very good (if tiring) time

Looking forward to hearing more on the podcast

Dreams Unlimited Travel is one of three agencies invited to participate in this unprecedented collaboration. They selected their three top selling partners. We are all considered Diamond Earmarked Agencies (a new classification they developed just for agencies with the highest sales). We are also the only three Diamond Earmarked Agencies.

This is actually a very big deal as Disney is allowing us to represent their brand alongside our own in providing vacation quotes to guests of the convention.

Great to hear that all the hard work done by Dreams has paid off. Glad Disney is recognizing all the hard world you all do. Top three. That is awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter