Kevin...how about some actual content?

Amyv

Earning My Ears
Hey Kevin.
My husband and I are big Disney fans, and also listen to numerous podcasts on the internet about Disney. I just finished listening to about 30 minutes of your podcast from Jul 24; and the only actual new content was your disapproval of the Whispering Canyon restaurant at Wilderness Lodge. It seemed as if you and your cohorts went out of your way to be unspecific and vague as you answered questions...perhaps so you don't tick off the powers at be at Disney who might read this website? My reccommendation is that you get much more specific in taking a position and giving advice to your listeners...
This would make your podcast much more valuable....

I understand this podcast is a balancing act, and thanks for your efforts... would be more happy with honest answers/opinons from you guys...

Thanks...

:confused3 I find that the podcasts are always full of honest, sometimes brutal, opinions. Keep up the great work everyone!!! And actually, it's Pete's podcast baby . . .

I understand this podcast is a balancing act, and thanks for your efforts... would be more happy with honest answers/opinons from you guys...

Thanks...

More honest answers and opinons? Wow, I regualrly think they are pretty brutal. My opinion is that they really have no fear when criticizing Disney, good or bad.

I have to defend Kevin and the other DIS podcasters. I think the podcasts are extremely informative, honest, and unbiased.

:confused3 I guess I haven't been listening to the same podcast then because they are very informative. I think ticking Disney off is the last thing they are worried about.

I have to admit, this is the first DIS only Dis Podcast I've heard, so it's possible they are more open in podcasts from other dates. My husband constantly has me listen to various Disney podcasts that can be brutally honest in their opinion of Disney; so I'm used to much rougher conversations.

I should not have judged this show on one listen; I'll have to listen to other Dis podcasts to get a better feel for the tone of the show.

I apologize if my opinion was out of whack or offended other listeners...

Yes, please listen to some other dates on the podcast. They don't sugar coat anything. They are really good (at least I think they are) about telling you the good and the not so good stuff.

Hey amyv....I appreciate the comments and the retraction. I think that if you give us a chance...you might find that we are sometimes a bit too honest.

I can honestly say that yours is the very first time I have heard our podcast described as not "taking a position". We are pretty vocal about that which pleases us as well as that which doesnt....especially that which doesnt.

Even if you decide to not listen to anymore, all you need do is read a few other threads on this board where folks have a different opinion than mine.

It's also the very first time I have ever had anyone wonder if we were trying to placate the "powers that be" at Disney. :lmao:

Thanks again,
Kevin

Wow, um, vague and fluffy(Really couldn't think of a good word)? I don't think that could be used to describe the team unless the word "not" was in there.

ok....I gotta tell you....

I just went back and re-read Amyv's post.

I described the food at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station as swill.

I really do have get "off the fence." :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I have found the Podcast to be extremely informative, unbiased and brutally honest in their opinions. To the Podcast....Keep up the great work!.

Keep up the good work guys. I love the untarnished view of Disney though I sometimes disagree with the opinions. I look forward to Tuesdays! Thanks guys!:thumbsup2

Hey Kevin.
My husband and I are big Disney fans, and also listen to numerous podcasts on the internet about Disney. I just finished listening to about 30 minutes of your podcast from Jul 24; and the only actual new content was your disapproval of the Whispering Canyon restaurant at Wilderness Lodge. It seemed as if you and your cohorts went out of your way to be unspecific and vague as you answered questions...perhaps so you don't tick off the powers at be at Disney who might read this website? My reccommendation is that you get much more specific in taking a position and giving advice to your listeners...
This would make your podcast much more valuable....

Thanks...
You must have gotten the Dis Unplugged confused with WDWToday! Not bad people, but very unspecific and vague....

Just wanted to voice my support also for Kevin and the roundtable. Theirs is one of the few podcasts who I have found to be honest about Disney without turning off the Disney fan. Its a very fine line between being critical and honest without turning into a podcast that just bashes Disney, which is what it seems the OP is looking for anyway(and there are some of them out there). The roundtable does a great job of walking that line.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup2 .

The roundtable will call Disney any day of the week. They are very true and never hold out. :teacher:

I also appreciate where they will call it as they see it for that day but are open to listen to more information. They are very receptive to other opinions. :3dglasses

Of course Pete is very PC! (Just joking - total sarcasm there) :lmao: :lmao: He will say it and disagree with Disney. He is very vocal about his stand on the union's and how he feels about them outsourcing employees and when they lack their guest service. :thumbsup2 Thanks Pete!

They will say it and not worry about being "PC" nothing is ever sugar coated to please Disney!

Kevin, my DH and I were joking that you and John will have to start wearing costumes to do dining reviews, for fear they will do something to your food. :lmao: The only thing Kevin sugar coats is in the review the desert was good. :woohoo: He did use swill, so if you were trying to please Disney you might need to try again! :goodvibes

Bawb, Corey and Julie will tell it honestly. Always.....

I only listen to this Disney podcast, so I have nothing to compare. I don't feel they are worried to tick anyone off.

They are respectful to everyone’s opinions and know not everyone will agree. Which is awesome, they even argue and disagree with each other in respectful ways.

Unless of course you are a chronic gas suffer. :eek: They tend to pick on them (Just joking again)

So listen to some more and you will see that they will call Disney on any topic and praise them for anything good.

Thanks for the honest work men and woman of the roundtable. Reflecting on my post you are an awesome group of friends, and that is hard to find. You guys are very lucky!

Is it Wednesday yet?!

:grouphug:

You must have gotten the Dis Unplugged confused with WDWToday! Not bad people, but very unspecific and vague....

LOL.. are you Lou Mongello??? I happen to like WDW Today, but you are right it is a completely different podcast. If you are about to leave on vacation and want to gather as much quick info for your vacation as possible, I would recommend listening to WDW Today, they are very knowledgeable and present it in rapid fire pace.

I used to listen to about six or seven podcasts a week but have narrowed it down to just 3, the DIS, WDW Today and WDW Radio. There are only so many hours in a week, and only so many times in a week I can hear a different podcast report the same Disney News, to me these three offer something unique and different to keep me interested.

I used to listen to about six or seven podcasts a week but have narrowed it down to just 3, the DIS, WDW Today and WDW Radio. There are only so many hours in a week, and only so many times in a week I can hear a different podcast report the same Disney News, to me these three offer something unique and different to keep me interested.

Those are my three favs, also. :thumbsup2 Each one offers something totally different and interesting.

LOL.. are you Lou Mongello??? I happen to like WDW Today, but you are right it is a completely different podcast.

oh Lou! oh Lou! (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lmao: )

I just can't figure out why poor Kevin gets picked on so much?? I think he is anything but vague in his restaurant reviews...he practically tells us everything short of the texture of each bite and how many times he had to chew it before he swallowed!! He even reads the descriptions off of the menu!! But that's just my 2 cents.

oh Lou! oh Lou! (Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lmao: )

I just can't figure out why poor Kevin gets picked on so much?? I think he is anything but vague in his restaurant reviews...he practically tells us everything short of the texture of each bite and how many times he had to chew it before he swallowed!! He even reads the descriptions off of the menu!! But that's just my 2 cents.

I wondered the same thing. :goodvibes

You know what they say the cute, sophisticated, smart, rich guys always get picked on. I simply adore Kevin!

Maybe they were hungry when they listened to the review! Keep up the good reviews Kevin I can't wait to the next one.

Guess this is we love Kevin week instead of pick on Bob! :laughing:

:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts