Kevin and other iPhone and iTouch fans

yeah, it is getting better, the interface was a little weak at first, but it is getting better

i'm a little behind the curve. I just found it tonight.

glad it's getting better

I really can't wait to see what comes out in the way of native apps now that the SDK has been released. There are really some pretty decent native apps available now if you're willing to go that route, but I hope to see a lot better in the future. The webs apps are nice, but they iPhone has the capability to do so much more.

I really can't wait to see what comes out in the way of native apps now that the SDK has been released.

It's gonna' be COOL !!! :cool1:

We just created a web based app for some mobile reporting in our retail stores and are just starting to play with the beta SDK so we can convert it ASAP.

--Daneen

Are you people speaking English????:lmao:

I'm trying to convince myself that I "need" an iphone. I have a new 8GB nano and don't know how to text message on my cell phone. Whatever SDK is, I hope it's something that will add $500 worth of convenience to my life so I can justify another trip to the apple store!

Are you people speaking English????:lmao:

I'm trying to convince myself that I "need" an iphone. I have a new 8GB nano and don't know how to text message on my cell phone. Whatever SDK is, I hope it's something that will add $500 worth of convenience to my life so I can justify another trip to the apple store!

SDK= Software Development Kit

It means that people can create great native applications for your iPhone.

I never used a SmartPhone before I got my iPhone and I was not sure I would like it. I couldn't text message either :) But, I must say that I really LOVE it. I have found it so handy when I am out and about and need a quick map or to check a Website, etc. Since I have an iPod, I don't put my music on it but I do sometimes put audiobooks on so if i am waiting for the children I have something to listen to.

Besides, who needs an excuse to go visit the Apple Store ?!?! We go just to browse on the weekends :woohoo:

Disclaimer: I do work for Apple, but I am on the geeky IS (Information Systems) side of the house, so I am as amazed at what the Engineering teams come up with as anyone.

--Daneen

SDK= Software Development Kit

It means that people can create great native applications for your iPhone.

I never used a SmartPhone before I got my iPhone and I was not sure I would like it. I couldn't text message either :) But, I must say that I really LOVE it. I have found it so handy when I am out and about and need a quick map or to check a Website, etc. Since I have an iPod, I don't put my music on it but I do sometimes put audiobooks on so if i am waiting for the children I have something to listen to.

Besides, who needs an excuse to go visit the Apple Store ?!?! We go just to browse on the weekends :woohoo:

Disclaimer: I do work for Apple, but I am on the geeky IS (Information Systems) side of the house, so I am as amazed at what the Engineering teams come up with as anyone.

--Daneen

Thanks for the clarification! I find myself using my nano all the time. I actually am downloading and watching entire TV seasons on it while the kids are at swimming lessons. There are some shows that I've only seen on the 2 inch screen:laughing: You're very convincing on the convenience of the iphone.....DH is not going to be so understanding when I try to justify the $500 expense to him. BUT, he gets season tix to the Patriots and I get the fun gadgets I want:banana:

As for browsing the apple store, it's my DS9's favorite place to go (besides WDW of course!). He corners the people who work there and talks to them about things I don't understand. I finally had to step in at one point and tell the sales person to stop filling DS's had with info, because if homeland security comes busting down my door I was gonna blame him:rotfl2:

Kim

Kevin -- Pinpoint looks AWESOME...but how do I get it on to my iPod Touch? I couldn't find a download link or anything clickable....

I:love: my Touch.......

Ok....I think you have to be in a wifi spot and then type the address I listed in a previous post.

Once you pull it up on the browser....you just add it to your favorites.

On the iPhone, it can also be added to your home screen so that it's just a "one touch" sort of thing.

I apologize...I dont know if it's the same for for the iTouch. I've never used one.

I tried to sign up for pinpoint but it never sent me the confirmation. I'm gonna try again. It is the same shortcut one touch thing for the itouch too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter