Kettle in Studio?

DutchsMommy

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if there is a tea kettle in the studios or if you can request one. We are staying at SSR and I really need a cuppa in the mornings.

Thank you.

The studio kitchenette has a toaster, a drip coffeemaker and a microwave. So your options for tea making are: heat up a mug of water in the microwave and then drop in a tea bag, or use the coffeemaker to make a pot of hot water. I don't know if they have any electric kettles or not -- I never even thought to ask about one! My DH is English so I understand the importance of your question and wish I had a better answer for you!

These days you're not even guaranteed that one and two bedroom units will have a kettle. Many times you have to ask....and they quickly bring one by.
Not sure how you would use a kettle in a studio since the kettles they DO have need to be placed on a stove top....and there is only a micowave in the studios.
Hope this helps.
J

Cuppas are very important to me too and so I bought an electric kettle at Wal-Mart on my last trip.

We can buy small 'travel' (universal voltage 120-240 v) electric kettles in the UK and I'm going to get one because I was surprised that the one I purchased in the US didn't have an automatic switch-off when it boiled.

Somehow a cup of microwaved water just doesn't make it taste as good :)

We noticed in 2005 and 2006 it is hit or miss on a kettle, blender etc.. When we bought in to DVC in 2004, units at all the resorts were stocked better then our own house kitchen. Has gone down hill since.

I have to have tea in the am too. Even in a 1 or 2 BR, I almost always use the coffeemaker rather than the kettle. It keeps the water at a nice high temp.

Just be sure to remove the filter and plastic lid while the water is processed through. That way, there will be no coffee taste.

I agree that microwaved water just doesn't cut it for tea. :confused3 :confused3

We noticed in 2005 and 2006 it is hit or miss on a kettle, blender etc.. When we bought in to DVC in 2004, units at all the resorts were stocked better then our own house kitchen. Has gone down hill since.

Perhaps the kettles & blenders were "growing legs and walking off" frequently.:confused3

To be honest I didn't look in our 2br at SSR. I agree a kettle is needed for a cuppa, microwaved water doesn't cut it. Just like trying to nuke oatmeal(not instant bags) doesn't taste the same as the kind cooked on the stove.

Thanks all. We have used the coffeepot method before and it has worked OK. I did find a funny taste to the water, but that might just be the taste of the water in general in FL.

The electric tea kettle that i think the OP is describing is not present in any DVC rooms. (I have one in my house and I love it, but....) On the road I just use the coffee pot and don't put the filter in. Still tastes a little like coffee however. (YUCK!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter