Kenny's Tee Time

TexasTerri

Earning My Ears
Hi All. We'll be at Ft Wilderness Cabins for the 1st time May 30 thru June 6. To save lots of money I am renting a golf cart from Kenny's Tee Time instead of Disney. They said I can Uber to a grocery store about a mile away, use their truck to bring the cart to the cabin, return their truck, then Uber back.

About how much time should I allow for this? Any idea which grocery store they meet at?

I'm trying to figure out logistics. Our flight lands at 9:35am, DME, check in, meet off site ECV rental, pick up golf cart, maybe a grocery run or might use Instacart. I have a 4pm ADR. Can I make it to MK by 4?

Thanks.

Well the biggest issue is you might not the campsite until 3pm or later. 4pm might not work

Hi All. We'll be at Ft Wilderness Cabins for the 1st time May 30 thru June 6. To save lots of money I am renting a golf cart from Kenny's Tee Time instead of Disney. They said I can Uber to a grocery store about a mile away, use their truck to bring the cart to the cabin, return their truck, then Uber back.

About how much time should I allow for this? Any idea which grocery store they meet at?

I'm trying to figure out logistics. Our flight lands at 9:35am, DME, check in, meet off site ECV rental, pick up golf cart, maybe a grocery run or might use Instacart. I have a 4pm ADR. Can I make it to MK by 4?

Thanks.

I have rented with Kenny twice, the last time was this past October. As an FYI the mile is actually a mile from Disney property , not from FW, the mile distance is a Disney rule for off site pickups. It actually ends up being about 4.5 miles from the Fort and is very east to get to. For me in was in LBV near the corner of Rt 535 and Winter Garden Vineland Rd both times near a restaurant. It can take from 45 min's to an hour in total to get there, bring the cart back, unload, bring the pickup back, and then get back to the The Fort. I had a ride picking up the cart but for drop off I used Lyft. I believe it was around $8.50 each way before I added the tip. They pick up out in front of The Outpost.

If I were you I would look at using instacart or another grocery service to save yourself time I have Amazon and used their Prime Now service and the prices were great compared to Garden Grocer who I had used in the past. They will hold your delivered groceries until your cabin is ready, so if your cabin is not ready you can go to your ADR and have them brought later. If you go to the store yourself you may have no where to keep them if the cabin is not ready.

Also there are some ECV providers who can deliver right to The Fort and that would save you additional time as it would be right there for you when you get there.

Hope that helps

True, grocery delivery sounds like the best option. I use Walker Mobility for the EVC. I have to meet them, but they are cheaper than the Disney approved vendors. Their confirmation says they'll bring it to Ft. Wilderness, and I've met them at Pop Century in the past. I guess it's just golf cart vendors Disney won't let on property.

Yep, golf cart vendors cut into Disney's revenue.

As far as food goes, you can rent from Kenny cheaper than you can purchase bread, milk, and eggs from Disney.

We've rented from Kenny twice and each time the turn around was right at an hour.

For me the turnaround time was a bit longer - but plenty manageable. From my experience, it was 15 minutes from our site to the meeting point. So, with 2 round trips (drive out, get cart and trailer, drive back, drop cart, drive trailer back, etc...) it was 60 minutes of driving plus the load and unload time. It was about 1:15 on both ends of the rental - perhaps elongated for you, a bit, if you have to wait a few extra minutes for Uber.

That said, a 9:35 flight should have you at FW by 10:30 to 11:30 depending on scheduling - that gives you plenty of time to do a run for the cart and still be back by 1p at the latest. While you may not get your site, yet, you can easily park the cart in the front lot while you take the trailer back. I think the schedule is very manageable.

True, grocery delivery sounds like the best option. I use Walker Mobility for the EVC. I have to meet them, but they are cheaper than the Disney approved vendors. Their confirmation says they'll bring it to Ft. Wilderness, and I've met them at Pop Century in the past. I guess it's just golf cart vendors Disney won't let on property.

I thought you meant you had to also go off site for the ECV rental as well. I have used Apple Scooters a couple times in the past and the prices were pretty similar to the other providers, including Walker, so I always went with Apple as they are a preferred provider and they drop off and pick up with out you being there. If you have not already check them out might save you from having to worry about being there when they deliver and pick it up.

As far as food goes, you can rent from Kenny cheaper than you can purchase bread, milk, and eggs from Disney.

Very True

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!