ANSWERED - Keeping charges separate when sharing a stateroom?

YawningDodo

DIS Veteran
My first cruise was solo, so I hadn’t needed to worry about this before. On the next cruise, I’m planning to travel with my housemate, sharing a cabin but each paying our own way. Splitting the big costs (the cruise itself, Palo, excursions, etc) is simply done, but when we make charges to the room will it all just go to one stateroom account? Is there any way to put two credit cards on the room and each charge to our own account? Or will we have to each track our drinks, etc., to settle costs between ourselves at the end of the trip when it all gets charged to a shared account? I plan to track my expenses through the trip for budgeting reasons, but it seems like something that could become a minor annoyance.

On online check in, you can select different payments per person.

So
One person cover all costs.
Or.
Each person puts their own payment down, then just use your own cruise card and the costs are separate.

Even Port adventures, spa, tips, are already split per person, and drinks and shops by the card used.

you can attach individual credit cards to each 'cruise card' ... if not done ahead of time you can do this / change at check in ... no biggie

Last edited:

Glad it was a simple question with a simple answer! I'm going to mark this thread "answered"; if anyone has something to add as a related discussion that's of course cool by me (tons of threads go on past their original purpose) but it looks like I've got the info I needed already. Thanks, everyone, this really set my mind at ease about the logistics of the shared trip!

If you have any onboard credit (from a Travel Agent or from an Onboard booking), that credit will all go the lead guest on the reservation rather than being split between the guests. As far as I know, there's not a way to have this split between guests.

If you have any onboard credit (from a Travel Agent or from an Onboard booking), that credit will all go the lead guest on the reservation rather than being split between the guests. As far as I know, there's not a way to have this split between guests.

Also good to know. I was already thinking I might give my housemate half of the Disney Visa rewards from booking the cruise as cash (since she's paying half of the charge that'll get the rewards bonus in the first place...), so I can probably just give her half the OBC in cash. The cruise is definitely going under my name since I have a placeholder and want to use my Disney Visa to pay for most of it in case we need to take advantage of the 6 month financing option.

I was on the Fantasy last week with my family all in one room. My oldest daughter set up her account so it was tied to her own credit card. Everything else was set up to be paid by my card and I was the person who booked and paid for the room. In fact, my daughter was added to the reservation months after I booked it. Despite this, several of the room charges showed up on her account (cabana on castaway, room service tips). I think they assign a "lead" person for the cabin and for some reason she was it for ours (her name showed up on the in-room phone for instance). So it seems that any charges that didn't require us to present a KTTW card were charged to her. It wasn't a big deal to switch the charges to me (oddly, she opted not to pay for the cabana for all of us...) but you might want to keep an eye on that for your trip. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter