Keep Ike Away!

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
We are scheduled to fly out of FL on Tuesday, 9/9 and that is when Ike is supposed to become a problem for Florida! Luckily we are further north and west of Miami but I still am starting to get antsy. DH won't change our plans to fly out Monday so we'll just take what the fates deal us and hope it's a lucky hand!

If an airport is closed because of an 'act of God' (or Mother Nature) and you can't arrive at your destination on time I wonder if ABD would let you reschedule? We could catch up with the group in Rome but that would mean we would miss some days of sightseeing. :confused3

We still have 5 days to convince Ike to take another path but it doesn't seem likely at this point. :eek: Oy Vey!

If an airport is closed because of an 'act of God' (or Mother Nature) and you can't arrive at your destination on time I wonder if ABD would let you reschedule? We could catch up with the group in Rome but that would mean we would miss some days of sightseeing. :confused3
I would find that unlikely, unless you'd bought trip insurance from them... But who knows... never hurts to ask. If it was *me* I'd be changing my plans if I could...

Sayhello

I would find that unlikely, unless you'd bought trip insurance from them... But who knows... never hurts to ask. If it was *me* I'd be changing my plans if I could...

Yes, I purchased Trip Insurance from ABD.

It appears that Tuesday may not be a problem now, Whew! Hurricanes are fickle things and one must monitor them constantly.

I did line up possible flights leaving Monday though and a hotel room in the Atlanta airport area. ;) They are still available if we need them.

Yes, I purchased Trip Insurance from ABD.

It appears that Tuesday may not be a problem now, Whew! Hurricanes are fickle things and one must monitor them constantly.

I did line up possible flights leaving Monday though and a hotel room in the Atlanta airport area. ;) They are still available if we need them.
Glad things are working out for you! Sounds like you've got everything under control, and a good contigency plan. I'll keep my fingers & toes crossed for you!

Sayhello

I'm a bit worried now too. We fly into Atlanta on the 12th. And then we flight out of Atlanta to Rome on the 13th. I sure hope the weather holds. We used DVC points so our insurance isn't the greatest. We had to take out 3 separate policies one for the points (which only reimburses $5 a point), one for the flight, and one for medical. Luckily the flight insurance takes care of delays and cancellations.

Eva & Red, I think you're going to be fine. We'll keep watching through the weekend :surfweb: , hopefully he will turn northeast before making it to the peninsula. Sending :goodvibes !

Eva & Red, I think you're going to be fine. We'll keep watching through the weekend :surfweb: , hopefully he will turn northeast before making it to the peninsula. Sending :goodvibes !

Well your :goodvibes worked for me! Unfortunatley it now looks like LA, MS and AL are in for another round of tropical headaches. I'll forward the :goodvibes to them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter