Keep Calling/GREAT Rate!

Emme

DIS Veteran
We had reservations at the Contemporary standard room for August with the AP rate of 181.82 (incl. tax) per night. When the new codes came out I tried calling and nothing...no availability

Well, this morning guess what...They found me a standard room at the Contemporary with the new code for $148.74 (incl. tax) a night! WOOHOO! I just saved $231.56 off my AP rate. Incredible! I have a grin from ear to ear!

Just wanted to share...you never know, so keep trying!

~Emmy:D

Just keep trying, so often you will eventually get what you want & when you don't, well it just wasn't meant to be!
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Good job, Emme! I had to call back 4 times before I found a CM who was able to re-find the code I was using a couple of months ago (I knew the code existed, because on an earlier call I was given a rate and made the 'fatal error' of getting off the phone to 'think about it' and 'call back') -I felt all the CMs really did try, even put me on hold to check, and one honestly admitted that sometimes if one CM has something pulled up while on the phone, the CM taking calls right next to him won't be able to pull it up, he encouraged me to keep trying - final CM was very experienced, even knew how to put in a later arrival date, book the room, then go back into the system and add my earlier arrival date - persistance and politeness always pay off for me - oh yeah, and following the great advise I get here on the Dis!:smooth:

bjakmom - about the code you refound, was it an AP code or could anyone use it?

gottago - I used a package code from mousesavers (no longer on the site) - as I said, it was quite difficult to book - CM said it was an upsell, or 'manager's special' - I don't usually book a package, but the price was great (I figure the room at about 189.) - don't know if it's still available, but probably worth a try: Resort Magic code CUJ or Discover Magic code CUK - I'm going 8/25 for 6 nights AKL savannah -booked the Resort Magic for 1794. includes UPHs and l flex per person - (1 adult, 1 jr.) plus pins - I did have AP booked at 210. room only rate, but would have had to buy the AP, so the package saved me a little this time- still watching for a postcard or codes for the end of Aug. - I hope this helps!

I just booked th Beach Club concierge floor,waterviewfor my family which includes,me,my husband,3 kids13,11,7. It was the Fall Fantasy package which includes the length of stay deal. We are going Aug.25-31. It comes to just above $4000 for the whole deal. I thought that was pretty good. I have no idea what the break down is. What does anyone think? Was this ok? Should i try to do better? Thanks

Bobrow - Let me see if I can break this down for you. If I remember right, the fall fantasty includes resort/UPH passes/B-fast every morning for each guest. Aug 25-31 is a 6night/7day stay.

If you break it down and do things a la carte, it will look something like this:
$1479 - 7-day hoppers (w/4 pluses)(4 adults/1 child w/DC discount).

$450 - $75/day for b-fast, I figure this is an average, it might cost more if you do character meals, less if you do small b-fast

$2071 - resorts = $345/night

Plus, I believe you get an extra perk per guest (which I believe averages about $15/person). Personally, I think you're getting a good deal, especially considering it's conceirge. We're paying $360/night for Poly conceirge/night and we don't have all the extra's you do. You're getting the luxury of flexibility of hopping to waterparks and DQ whenever you want. Just my $0.02, but I think you should be very happy with your bargain, I would.

Ityldu, but since they're in concierge, they really don't need to go elsewhere for b-fast unless they want a full sit down meal. That may be where the value is determined...whether they take full advantage of this feature or not. If so, then it's a good deal.

When I called to check Fall Fantasy rates I'm pretty sure they offered me a rate option without the daily breakfast (we are not big b'fast eaters). So as Vicki points out, since you can eat b'fast in the concierge lounge most days, you might want to check back and see if your package included b'fast or not and decide whether that feature is worth keeping.

If you were to actually purchase the Ultimate Hopper Pass at your resort, it is priced out to be $331.81 per adult with tax included ( ages 10 and up ) and $265.02 for ages 3-9 for 6 nights/7days. This adds up to $1,592.26 for the cost charged for UHP for 4 adults and one child for the 7 days. You can check out all ticket rates at mousesavers.com: http://www.mousesavers.com/wdwticketprices.html

I agree with bjakmom, I would call and see if your package included the daily breakfast charge. You may want to drop that being you already have the concierge room. I also booked the Fall Fanasty package end of August and they did ask if I wanted the breakfast package, which I didn't. We rent a refrigerator and will eat mostly in our room.

RobinLyn :)

I figured the UPH tickets would be more expensive and I was just trying to price things out if he went A la Carte. Things are usually less expensive piece mealed as RobinLyn pointed out with UPH (for 7 days) vs. 7-day hoppers. Packages are usually more expensive, except in the case of Fall Fantasy/Sunshine Getaway packages and this case seems.

I agree, I wouldn't need free breakfast at conceirge, but I never realized that was an option. They didn't offer that option to me with the sunshine getaway package when I was researching it last year, but so many things have changed since then, it doesn't surprise me.

Remember, breakfast-time in a concierge lounge is usually just cereals, bagels, doughnuts, juices, milks, coffees, teas, fruits, and sweet rolls. For most people, that might be enough. For others, a real breakfast in a restaurant is preferable. Only you know your family's needs.

Hubby and I did the Fall Fantasy package two years ago at the Yacht Club. I don't remember the exact figure, but our water view YC room averaged $180 per night with taxes and all of our breakfasts were included in that price. We opted not to take the park passes, since the only park we were doing on that trip was Epcot.

We chose to do big breakfasts every morning and we stuffed ourselves!!! We did late seatings around 9 or 9:30 and then we were able to skip lunch and basically only paid for one meal per day a nice evening meal.

At that time, the rack rate for the YC was well over $230 per night, so the Fall Fantasy package was a real savings for us...and gave us the chance to try our first deluxe resort. If I remember right, we did one character breakfast at Epcot, one breakfast at the Polynesian, one at the Grand Floridian, one at the Wilderness Lodge and one at the YC. The free breakfasts were programmed into your room card - very convenient!!

Twinmom7 - WoW! It sounds like you had a really relaxing trip to Disney. I didn't think that was possible. We keep trying to go and just lounge around, but the temptation to do everything always wins out. We're trying for a relaxing time again in June - but we'll have 3 kids, including my 12YO nephew who has never been on a vacation before . I guess we won't be relaxing in June either, maybe next time.:rolleyes:

Hi!
My DH and I are doing the Fall Fantasy package in August this year at the Boardwalk. We have also done this package 8/98, 8/00. In the past you had the option of this package without passes, but now they are included. Even though it's just the two of us, we choose to have the breakfasts included. We enjoy going to the character breakfasts and then we are all set until dinner time. Tax and tip are included in each breakfast too.
Bonnie

I called this a.m. to try to book the Contemporary for 4th of July weekend. I've been calling off and on for the past two weeks hoping something would free up. As of this morning, they could only give me one night (our last night there).

Then guess what? Went to the WDW website for the summer offers and was able to book a standard room for four nights at the special summer rate. Total with tax per night was $148.74! I entered my credit card number, got a confirmation number and printed everything out. Is this too good to be true? I'm really nervous! I'm going to wait until I get something in the mail from them before I cancel my ressie at the Polynesian. I'm saving almost $300!!!!!:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter