Kathy?

I was gonna recommend meeting up at the Poly lol.

I have no park ticket for my first day because my flight was gonna get in late, but I found a flight that gets in at like 9 in the morning instead. So I decided to upgrade and just lounge around the Poly all day... and I'm honestly more excited for that than going to any of the parks!

My wife is shaking her head cuz I made a list of every booth at the festival and one must eat from every booth lol
@NuttyDisneyDad - Ummmmmm........you mean you're NOT supposed to do that????!!!!! I did that every trip I MADE it to F&W, and for the last 6 years, I've mentally made it for the booths I CAN"T make it to!!! And I am NOT kidding!!!!

Seriously - First time at F&W and MVMCP? You have some fantastic times ahead of you. I LOVE both of those events. and if I could go, that's exactly when I'd plan my trip, to do both! Will you please think of me when you see the Partners statue on your trip? That means I'm there with you in spirit. :)

My wife is shaking her head cuz I made a list of every booth at the festival and one must eat from every booth lol
Funny, we just had that conversation last night. We are generally not planners. I mean we do our homework and research but we don't plan out every minute of every day. We don't plan where we will have every meal (and certainly not what we'll eat). We will look up restaurants and menus to get an idea of places we might like to go but that's it.

I commented yesterday how the F&W menus were released and everyone is going nuts online. We will be there are participating and I haven't looked yet and don't plan to until maybe the day before we go to Epcot. And then I might pick out 2 or 3 things that look interesting that I might want to try if I'm in the mood for them around the times we are near those booths.

The F/W and F/G festivals are the one time I really DO study menus, because in those cases, I don't want to eat something at each of the first three kiosks, and then get full before making my way all the way around, possibly missing out on something I would have REALLY loved later on.

And I do look over those menus well ahead of time. Not so much for "planning" purposes, but mainly because I'm a foodie and just enjoy seeing what they've come up with(and what I can try to make at home).

The F/W and F/G festivals are the one time I really DO study menus, because in those cases, I don't want to eat something at each of the first three kiosks, and then get full before making my way all the way around, possibly missing out on something I would have REALLY loved later on.

And I do look over those menus well ahead of time. Not so much for "planning" purposes, but mainly because I'm a foodie and just enjoy seeing what they've come up with(and what I can try to make at home).
Agreed with all you've said, @KingLlama . I also think you kind of have to figure out what you want, to make sure it doesn't start getting prohibitively expensive. Unless you have oodles of disposable cash like you, Bob. :) Prices have gone WAAAAY up, as have the number of available choices, since my first F&W years ago. Then, I'd just "sample" with wild abandon. :) Now - not so much!

Last edited:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that this post is entirely serious with no sarcasm, humor, or mention of Duffy.
I also think you kind of have to figure out what you want, to make sure it doesn't start getting prohibitively expensive.
True. We have actually been there for F&W many times but only the last time a couple of years ago did Marci and I actually go around and "do" F&W. Part of the reason has always been the cost. Going around and having even 3 samples is more costly than an average counter service meal and isn't as much food.

Also, quite honestly, it is not at all a convenient or enjoyable way to eat in our minds. When it's time to eat at Disney, we want to get off our feet and sit down in an air conditioned space. Maybe if you catch a cooler day, it wouldn't be so bad, but F&W is held during a time where it's still pretty warm in Florida. Last time we were there in November it was in the upper 80s or 90s every day. I'm hoping we'll luck out and get something a bit milder this year but I'm not betting on it.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that this post is entirely serious with no sarcasm, humor, or mention of Duffy.

True. We have actually been there for F&W many times but only the last time a couple of years ago did Marci and I actually go around and "do" F&W. Part of the reason has always been the cost. Going around and having even 3 samples is more costly than an average counter service meal and isn't as much food.

Also, quite honestly, it is not at all a convenient or enjoyable way to eat in our minds. When it's time to eat at Disney, we want to get off our feet and sit down in an air conditioned space. Maybe if you catch a cooler day, it wouldn't be so bad, but F&W is held during a time where it's still pretty warm in Florida. Last time we were there in November it was in the upper 80s or 90s every day. I'm hoping we'll luck out and get something a bit milder this year but I'm not betting on it.
Agreed, Steve. I was always surprised when I'd go originally at the end of October, then finally until the middle of November (when they extended F&W) and it wold be so warm/humid. Heck - I've gone the first couple weeks of DECEMBER and my camera lens has been all fogged up from the heat and humidity! And I can even do heat if I have to, but humidity is NOT my body's friend, especially from a medical standpoint. Been rough even here in the NorthEast this summer with that!

Just a thought guys if we meet up..... instead of a dole whip we could meet at the grand floridian at the gingerbread house maybe... whatever u guys want im in lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!