Katella Ave to Disneyland Drive?

EpicRain

Earning My Ears
Hello! WDW veteran going on our first time Disneyland trip with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We are staying off property at the Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites At The Park, which is off Katella Ave. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the parks. When I do walking on google maps it wants to send me all the way down past DCA to Harbor and up that way. Can we not walk up the closer Disneyland drive and through Downtown Disney?

Also, there appears to be a bus stop of some sort right outside our hotel. Do you think it might be worthwhile to use the bus as opposed to walking? Has anyone done that?

Walk down Disneyland Drive to the Paradise Pier Hotel then there will be a walking path that will take you to the Disneyland Hotel and entrance to DTD

Yes, it can look a little confusing from Google Maps, but there will be signs as you approach the Disney hotels. Keep in mind the walk is almost jut as far to the park entrances since you have to go through DTD, but it puts you int he bubble faster and security should be less busy than at Harbor.

Hello! WDW veteran going on our first time Disneyland trip with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We are staying off property at the Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites At The Park, which is off Katella Ave. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the parks. When I do walking on google maps it wants to send me all the way down past DCA to Harbor and up that way. Can we not walk up the closer Disneyland drive and through Downtown Disney?

Also, there appears to be a bus stop of some sort right outside our hotel. Do you think it might be worthwhile to use the bus as opposed to walking? Has anyone done that?

Yes, as above poster said you simply walk past the Paradise Pier into the DTD security -- it is a breeze to enter on this side (as opposed to Harbor-often packed!) If you are going into DL don't forget about using the Monorail as transportation. Once your ticket is scanned at the Monorail station you are IN the park! Now if the park is not yet open you'd have to continue to walk through DTD to the main entrance.

In DL the monorail drops off and picks up in Tomorrowland only. It doesn't make any stops in CA.

Also, you can head back to your hotel through the GCH (the entrance is near Sephora in DTD) or if you are in CA there is an entrance into the Grand right near Grizzly River Rapids. You can enter the hotel and walk through it. You'll come out facing Paradise Pier. We've stayed at Stovall's (next door to Discovery Inn) and those are little ways we found that save time and our feet!

We've never used the ART, but there is a stop right outside Stovall's and/or you can always use a ride-share service if you really need to. (Are you bringing your own stroller? Yes, you can rent, but that doesn't help you get to/from your hotel...we always brought our own and it helped make our trips so much easier, especially those trips to/from the parks themselves from our hotels. I can't imagine taking a 2 year old without one.)

Have fun!!!

When I do walking on google maps it wants to send me all the way down past DCA to Harbor and up that way. Can we not walk up the closer Disneyland drive and through Downtown Disney?
Ask for directions to Earl of Sandwich to get a better route. When I do that it gives a route that doubles back on itself - don't do that - just stay on the north side of PPH and you'll be good.

Also note as explained above that you can return via DTD through GCH, but you can't enter GCH from the street unless you're staying there. The GCH security entrance has very low capacity so they want people from other hotels to go through the western DTD entrance.

As noted, you won't be able to use the Monorail to access DL during Magic Morning. It does not operate until full park opening, and can often have a wait time. If rope drop is important, it's best to walk to the main gates to enter.

Thank you everyone, this information has been very helpful!! We're really looking forward to our first Disneyland trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter