Kale

I like to throw kale into soups and stir fry, even use it as a pizza topping. A handful goes well in a smoothie, chopped into scrambled eggs or omelet, or mixed into a most casseroles. As many other have said, it is also good as a salad or simply sauteed with some mushrooms and onions, or onions and balsamic vinegar.

Massaging the vinaigrette into it must be the key. Not sure that’s what chick Fila does but the kale doesn’t taste like the kale I buy lol. It comes already dressed so it makes sense.

I like the Chick Fila kale salad too, but I am sure the maple syrup, brown sugar and other preservatives in the dressing help things along.

OP, I am very little help in this area as I love bitter greens. All of them...cooked, raw, etc.

I like the Chick Fila kale salad too, but I am sure the maple syrup, brown sugar and other preservatives in the dressing help things along.

OP, I am very little help in this area as I love bitter greens. All of them...cooked, raw, etc.

Oh, for sure, but I have made salads with Kale and just was not impressed regardless of the dressing. Now that I know about massaging I will try again at home.

Just be careful you don’t eat too much in one sitting. I’ve made that mistake before and paid for it

I didn't read the whole tread but we add Kale to smoothies all the time. We like to eat Kale raw as often as we can but it is tough for a salad so a smoothie is easy.

If you have a steamer it is really good to steam and add to soup. You can cook it into the soup as well but a quick steam just before you eat it is good.

My preferred method for cooking kale is to saute it in coconut oil.

That way it slides into the trash can so much easier...

https://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/warm-kale-farro-and-winter-fruit-salad/

I didn't think of this recipe right away because, to be honest, I've never added the kale when I make it. :o But I've had it with the kale, when my sister makes it, and it's delicious.

This is a great recipe (not just a great kale recipe) because it is so customizable. My sister is allergic to the pine nuts, so she leaves them out. I'm vegan, so I sub out or omit the goat cheese. I've used all different manner of dried fruits, and they all work well.

ETA: I forgot one of the other great things about this recipe. I've eaten it hot, room temperature, and cold straight from the fridge. It is tasty at any temperature!

Last edited:
Get the bag of shredded kale. Put on baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. 400 degrees for ten minutes (give or take) and yummy!

Just be sure to floss your teeth every night.

This thread made me want kale chips, and I couldn't find them at Stop&Shop the other day. :(

(I like them, but tend not to have great luck making/storing my own.)

This thread made me want kale chips, and I couldn't find them at Stop&Shop the other day. :(

(I like them, but tend not to have great luck making/storing my own.)
I put them into a cold oven and set it for 400. They are done before they buzzer sounds for the preheat done signal. We don't store them because we eat them all right away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!