Just whining

eeyore1226

Mouseketeer
o.k. - o.k. I know I should be happy that we can afford to take an annual Disney trip to get our "fix". We manage this by economizing and a great way to do this is by grabbing a great resort rate off Mousesavers or by purchasing an annual pass like we did last summer to get an AP room discount. I've booked our trip for this summer and we are looking forward to staying at the CBR. Only problem is my young daughter and husband keep talking about AKL and how awesome it is and how the animals look right into your room (well - that's what they keep saying anyway) and how it has bunk beds and on and on and on. I would LOVE to book a room there but geez it's expensive. I wish some great code would pop up on Mousesavers that I could grab and surprise them with but nothing so far. Does anyone else check this site every day like I do? I'm sure once we are there we'll love CBR but visiting the AKL lodge last summer has spoiled us (we didn't stay there - just visited). O.K. I feel better now.

Yes, I'm afraid I'm on everyday too. Oh well, I guess there's worse addictions! Moderates are what we can comfortably afford. But last November we were upgraded to AKL when POFQ closed. Oh my gosh! We have now doubled our monthly savings for Disney and put our trip off for a few more months because I don't think we could stay anywhere else! If they talk you into it (and I hope they do!) beware, because its addicting!!!

I have been calling CRO today, trying to get something we can afford (discount at a moderate), with not much luck. We are now spoiled by 1BR Villas - gimme OKW, BWV, I don't care - just let me in that tub!!!! Of course, I keep telling myself that we spend way too much time in our room when we stay in a villa, and this is our last trip before our APs expire (not working). -sigh-

Oh, well - nice to know I am not alone!!!

Amy

I agree, I am also an "addictee". Having first ever stayed at WL realizing I probably would NEVER be back but I was wrong. Now the past five trips have been at a deluxe because I spoiled myself and my son and am afraid I would 'whine' being at a moderate. I like the deluxe resorts MAINLY because you are so close to the parks, via by boat or monorail or bus! what to do what to do, I now am looking at CB resort but we want to stay at AKL and YC!
I may split with CB and a deluxe this time, oooooh!
But ya know thinking of the money I am saving and still getting to BE THERE would make it alright!

Last year I had a dc rate booked in Aug. at the bc and later in the spring they came out with a code for summer and I rebooked at the code rate. Yes, I check every day for discounts and whatever. This year we are going in May and the akl isn't much more than the moderates so keep looking something is going to turn up.

Glad to see I'm not the only one . . .we haven't been to WDW since April 00 . . .we were supposed to go last year . . .now that we have decided to actually venture out of our holes this year, we decided we'd do a quick 4 night/5 day 15th Anniversary with just me and DH so we could catch the 100th Birthday Celebration of Walt . . .then we'll return in April 03 with the kids . . .

We have yet made any decisions on anything . . .in fact I'm on these boards and Mousesavers every single day . . .we go back and forth on whether to stay at a Moderate or stick with a Deluxe. At first I was all for a Moderate . . .and DH insisted we stay Deluxe . . .he's a baby . . .I think we spoiled ourselves in 99 when we stayed at the GF . . .because, as everyone knows, we were only going that 1 time! Ha! So now that we have complete disneyitis and have only stayed Deluxe we can't stay at a Moderate. The more I think about it, I'm glad I didn't make a ressie yet . .was going for the POFQ or CBR, but it won't be the same . . .I don't like change. . .LOL But we did make one decision and that was to stay garden view . . .we did lagoon view twice, and although nice, its not necessary . . .not for our October 02 trip anyhow . . .Ugh, enough of me babbling . . .I will make a decision eventually though . . . :rolleyes:

Hi Eeyore,

Whine away.... :) I know how you feel.

If it's any consolation, I think I read where the CBR rooms are the same size as AKL. I always get a car and make dining reservations at the Deluxes to get that deluxe feeling (I've stayed before at GF and the Poly). Then, we'll rent boats or bikes at a deluxe resort. That usually tides me over and I feel good about going back to my moderate room that costs much less. :)

We almost always stay in a wilderness home in fort wilderness. Cant say enough good about them. You are not confined to one room, living from a cooler & watching TV sitting in bed. We dont eat our main meals there but it is so convienent to be able to eat breakfast there with all the rush in the morning. The campground also has activities there. We rent a golfcart to "cruise" around the campground. It also saves lots of time by not waiting for busses. The boat ride from the MK after a long day is so relaxing. Just try a wilderness home and you wont want to go elsewhere.

Wish upon a star,
There moderates are really nice too, they just don't have the location the deluxes do. We spend so little time in our room and I really like the outside entrance better than the inside hall. We are staying moderate this year because of better rates. The only problem is that when you close the parks down at night the bus wait is a little long, so we will drive to the park at night. The only time we close down mk is on e-ride nights and then we take the bus.
Last year we stayed at the yc and I really like the walk back to the resort after Illuminations. This year we are staying at csr and they have bus service to the bw so maybe that will work out for us.
Anyway you should stay at a moderate just to see how you like it. Seems as though we are on every other year rotation between deluxe and moderates. When you stay at a moderate for less than half the cost of deluxe, you have to decide if the deluxe is twice as good, to me they aren't.

I got a great rate at AKL....I've heard that many people have (around $150 for regular view with tax) . But then, I decided to upgrade to Savanah. Which is now costing me about $190 with tax. So much for a Deluxe at a moderate price! AKL here we come!

My turn to whine!!!!!

Okay, last year was supposed to be a trip of a lifetime sort of trip. It was our DS's first time to WDW!!!

We split our stay between AKL and WL (with savannnah and courtyard views)-even had it all paid up!!!!
Then life happened (several things). We ended up at the Courtyard in DD for $25 a night! DS was the gatekeeper his first time at MK , so that was very magical!!!!

We went back in Jan and stayed at ASMo. We had a FL Res rate of $49 and it was our first time onsite. We LOVED it!!!

Going back in May to CBR. Have a $94 rate and waiting for theose March 10th FL Res rates to come out!

So far we've done good. Now, DH wants to go Labor day weekend and we are going to try for the Poly. We should have our vacation fun built up by then.....we'll see.... at least I know that I loved the value resort- better than NOT going!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts