Just stayed at RPR

DisnyMik

Mouseketeer
We just stayed at the Royal Pacific and loved it. We have 3 children: 14, 12 & 5 and they loved it as well. We got the Ent. rate of $110.00 (they didn't even ask us for the card) and we even got the milk & cookies w/the Loew's card. We were told we couldn't get any perks because it was an Ent. rate. The kids thought it was so cool that they brought us milk and cookies (which were very large and good by the way!)
The hotel was beautiful and everyone on staff that we dealt with was very nice, always "hello, have a nice day", etc. We are major Disney Resort fans and we have to admit, they are giving Disney a run for their $$$!
In fact, for 2 days I forgot that we weren't at Disney, that's how similar they are. The only thing I found difficult was it took a while for me to find my way to the pool!! At first I was forever going the wrong way. We were in Tower 2. Finally, I got the hang of it. We could even see the fireworks from our window and we had a standard view. I loved City Walk and found it to be very convenient. The walk was nice as well as the boat ride. We will definitely stay there again.

Hopes this helps any one who may be considering this hotel.

We loved the RPR and agree with the value and how great a destination Universal has become. We loved it so much, we are now planning on next year and staying for 5 nights at the HRH. And then the year after that, PBH. And then we will start all over.

The Royal Pacific truly is a great resort.

Thanks for sharing your report!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!!

We are going with three children as well in February (and are hoping for the milk and cookies!) I have been hearing some really good reviews lately, so I hope this keeps up!!

Thanks again and I am glad you had a great time!!!! :D

Was the room big enough for 3 children? I think the hard rock room is bigger and I'm afraid that the RPH might be too small. Did you rent a roll away? I was thinking about bringing a blow up bed.

We were jsut there a couple of weeks ago in a tower 2 room. I have to agree about getting to the pool, I always wanted to make a left when I was supposed to make a right - did it every time! Glad you had a good time!

Originally posted by luvdisney14
Was the room big enough for 3 children? I think the hard rock room is bigger and I'm afraid that the RPH might be too small. Did you rent a roll away? I was thinking about bringing a blow up bed.

I stayed at the RPH a few weeks ago with just my 2 dds ages 4 & 6. While the room was fine for the 3 of us, I think 5 may pushing it as far as the comfort level goes. When we went in Decemeber w/ my husband and baby, we stayed in a kidsuite at HRH and it was wonderful. The kids didn't want to leave "their" room.

Good Luck.

Hi Momtoomootoo, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the kidsuite? I would like to know if they have discounts for those rooms (ever). Thanks! Kelly

DisnyMik:

We are considering RPH for our April '04 trip. We have stayed at HRH and loved it!

A couple of questions...

What was the bedding like? Our HRH beds were so comfy...similiar to the Westin's Heavenly beds.

How far was it to walk to the parks? Was the boat ride ok? How long does the boat ride take?

Did you have trouble getting the Ent. rate? We seem to get really unhelpful people when we call to inquire about the Ent. rates...did you call Loews 800 number??

Thanks!:D

Originally posted by goofyfordisney
DisnyMik:

We are considering RPH for our April '04 trip. We have stayed at HRH and loved it!

A couple of questions...

What was the bedding like? Our HRH beds were so comfy...similiar to the Westin's Heavenly beds.

How far was it to walk to the parks? Was the boat ride ok? How long does the boat ride take?

Did you have trouble getting the Ent. rate? We seem to get really unhelpful people when we call to inquire about the Ent. rates...did you call Loews 800 number??

Thanks!:D

To answer your questions, (we also have stayed at this wonderful resort)

the room will have two queens or 1 king and a pull out sofa.
The beds are very comfortable. It was hard to get up in the morning.

The walk to the parks is about 10-15 minutes. The Royal Pacific is considered the farthest of the 3 resorts to the parks, which made me think how far am I? But it is a quick walk in that time and if you take the water taxi, it's about 5 minutes. Royal Pacific is closest to Islands of Adventure also.

The boat ride was great. It's scenic and a nice way to travel if you are tired after a long day at the parks. We hardly ever waited more than 5 minutes for one either way.

The entertainment rates are not out for next year yet. They should be out in September or October. I also have heard that the Loewes agents are not helpful. I have been calling Universal directly to check on those rates. Their number is on the website.

Hope that helps and let us know if you have more questions.

SpideyHulk24:

Thanks! You really helped! I will be looking for the those great rates come September. We went to HRH during Thanksgiving week 2 years ago and were able to get Fan Club rate of $99 per night at HRH--I couldn't believe it!

I am hoping to get a good deal again!:D

So glad to hear all these "good reports" about RPR ... we've visited USF/IOA twice, but never stayed on site and have ressies for Dec at RPR .. King Parlor ... first got it at $207 AAA rate, but then, thanks to these boards, got a FAN club card and got the same room for $181! Had a hard time deciding which of the resorts to try and have been considering switching to Portofino, but this thread has convinced me that our first choice will be great! Can't wait to get there!!!

Glad I could be of help. $99 for the HRH!!!! WOW!!!! I would love to get that rate. That is where I want to stay next!!!!

Toadi, You will LOVE the RPR!!!

Originally posted by luvdisney14

We stayed at RPR with 3 kids ages 10, 9, 7. We brought a twin size air mattress for the 7 yr old and we had plenty of room. You would need a twin as any bigger size wouldn't fit well. We put the mattress between a bed and the window then put the mattress up against the wall during the day. We honestly had plenty of room and never felt cramped. Enjoy your stay! It's a beautiful resort. Our kids LOVED the pool.

We just returned from the RPR as well. We had 5 (DH, me, 17, 15 and 3 year old) in our room as well and we had plenty of room. We brought a twin size air mattress and put it by the window next to the bed......... see my trip report on this, but we did not feel cramped at all. Granted we didn't spent a lot of time in the room......... our sons LOVED the pool as well, especially the 3 year old......... the zero entry part of the pool was fantastic for him. The RPR is overall the most beautiful resort in my opinion, and we will be staying here again!!!

as far as the distance in walking or riding the water taxi......... we loved the water taxi........ however, walking was MUCH faster, and it was a short walk........... not too far at all.

We splurged this trip. We felt because we got the 20.03 rate for 5 nights at Courtyard in Disney Village we would get 2 rooms for our 2 night stay at RP. My teenagers loved it--and the extra TV and bathroom was great. We had connecting rooms in tower 3 on the 4th floor overlooking the waterpark on International Drive. It was quite a hike to the elevator though--we were one room from the end of the hall. My only disappointment was their was a lot of people using the front of the line access--more so than last year. On twister alone, I think the FOTL was longer than the regular line. It still is a great timesaver. Shrek was worth the extra wait. Can't say the same for Jimmy Neutron!!!

We will be at the RP for 5 nights in October, how did you like the staff/services? Was it a close walk to the parks? Did you take the boat? Did you eat anywhere that was really good? Was the room fairly quiet at night? 4 of us will be in a room until the 4th and 5th night when my MIL joins us. It will be a bit crowded, but we are splurging on club level, so can't afford 2 rooms, not to mention, we will be by ourselves (husband, me and two kids) until the last 2 nights, so I think we'll be okay.

I have heard some really good things about club level. Our rooms in tower 3 (3433 & 3435) were standard view so we overlooked International Drive area. The rooms were very quiet and I didn't see much activity at that end of the hall. We were 1 room short of the end (farthest room from the elevator) of the hall. We took the boat every time and the wait was 12-15 min at the most at both the hotel and citywalk. We didn't walk because the temps were over 90 and very muggy. I think the Hard Rock is the shortest walking distance to city walk. My kids got the grade a kids on their room card so they could get a beverage anywhere in the hotel for free. You will be getting a lot of freebies on the club level--but this is nice when you return from the park and they can run up to the pool bar and get a glass of pop. I was just so surprised at all the people using the FOTL. Last year we felt like VIP's--going to the FOTL--this year everyone and their brother were in this line. Have a great trip. Staff was very friendly. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe (pretty good but expensive) and NBA city (fair-good, not a big selection, expensive). The hotel restaurants looked very expensive--we chose to drive off site. Have a great trip!!!

Thanks for the descriptions. I think it should be cooler by the time we are there (mid October) so hopefully we can walk some of the time, I understand its closer to IOA than to the US? The only other restaurant that I want to make sure and eat at for lunch is Mythos, in IOA. I read everyone's posts saying how wonderful it is. It looks cool too, its in a cave looking building. I think we will enjoy club level, its a surprise for my Husband and kids!

What a nice surprise it will be for them. I think October will be the perfect temperatures. We always go in either May or August due to my husbands vacations and now everything is around the kids school sports tryouts. I would love to go in a cooler month and not sweat!! Have a great time and enjoy that club level!!!

We are so excited since we haven't been out of state for 4 years. It is a much needed break for all of us. We have gone through some hard times these last couple of years, my dad, uncle and aunt and husbands grandparents (one on each side) passed away. Everyone needs a break!! Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter