• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just spent 4 days at Courtyard DD

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
I was able to secure the $20.01 rate for the Courtyard at Downtown Disney (thanks guys) and just returned. Here are my thoughts:

I had requested a room on the 14th floor with a Downtown Disney view. When I pre-checked in the the front desk clerk confirmed that I did have a 14th floor room with a DD view.

When I returned later that evening to actually go to my room, the clerk said I had a 14th floor room but not a DD view. Since I had dreamed of sitting on the balcony and watching fireworks I was very disappointed and asked if anything else was available. He said not on the 14th floor, but on the 6th floor. I told him I had heard that only the 14th floor had balcony furniture and I really wanted that. He told me if my room didn't have any chairs on the balcony to call and he would have some bought up. Of course, my room didn't, so I called the front desk and then left to go to dinner at DD. When I got back from dinner I discovered that not only had they bought up two chairs but they had bought up a small table as well.

During my stay, a friend I was meeting at the MK called me and there was a problem with the voicemail system---they took her message by hand and slipped it under my door. I can't REMEMBER the last time a hotel did that!!!!!

I had a rental car so I don't know what the bus service was like. Parking was never a problem--even when I came in late.

Housekeeping was excellent.

The occupants in the room next to mine were a bit loud----ESPN on ALL THE TIME. I turned my tv up loud and I think they go the message because the next few nights were quiter.

I had a room over the pool and the noise from the pool did not bother me.

Would I stay there again--YES (even if it wasn't $20.01 per night).

We were extremely impressed with this hotel last December as well....a great place to stay in Disney village we found...glad you enjoyed it!!!!!

We are staying at the Marriott on Sept. 9th for four nights. Which floor & what view is the best to ask for? We have three children, could you please tell me about the size of the rooms? Is there really 2 queen beds & a pull-out?? Thanks for any information!!!!

My room had 2 queen beds and a chair--not a sofa or pull out. You may want to call the property and ask if they have rooms with pullouts and make sure you are guaranteed one. As far as view--just ask for anything with a Downtown Disney view on the higher floors--then, if you;re awake you can see the EPCOT fireworks (around 9:15 - 9:30) and Pleasure Islands (around 11:50 - 12:00)

Belle, just a couple of questions. So, were you able to see the fireworks from the 6th floor? Was the hotel clean and kept up well? And the most important question :D how did you get that rate?

Welcome back, Belle!

Sounds like you got your money's worth!

Michael says :wave: HI!

Thanks for the input. We are leaving in a couple weeks with the 20.01 rate also. To all who asked how we got the 20.01 rate, there was a Dreams 2001 promotion a couple months back. Through Aug and Sept. Sun thru Thurs a select number of rooms were 20.01 a night. I believe they went very quickly. Also ran one for Dec. I believe those rooms were 29.00 and went even quicker.

Hi how was the bus service & did you walk to down town disney if not would it be a long walk ? any info would be nice thank you.

Could see the fireworks from the 6th floor and I am guessing the ones below me on the fifth floor could too. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. I think the cleanliness level was better than my experience at the All Stars (I have a review of them on the Resorts Board) but again--this was my only negative experience EVER with the All Stars.

I didn't use the bus service but I was in the lobby one day when a family had "just missed" the bus and wanted to know if they could drive their rental car to the Magic Kingdom instead of waiting for the next bus. The desk clerk said yes and when they asked for directions directed them to the Disney desk in the lobby--which had a line. I gave them directions so they wouldn't have to wait.

I didn't walk to Downtown Disney but it would easily be a short (maybe five - ten minutes) stroll over (however--remember that you might be coming back with lots of packages!!!!)

I believe there is currently a $29.00 promotion for Decemeber, if you search this board or the budget board you should be able to find info on it. Or check mousesavers.com

Hi Belle,
I was so glad to see your post. I was just about to post myself and ask if anyone had gotten back from the Courtyard. I arrive on the 9th with the 20.01 rate and was curious about the hotel. We have a car rented and I was wondering if you have to pay for parking at the parks? I know if you stay at a Disney resort you don't have to,and since this hotel is on Disney property I thought you may not have to pay the parking. Also, (this may not be the right place to ask) since Courtyard is not Disney owned, can you still take the Disney buses from, say, Magic Kingdom to MGM?
Thanks for sharing about the DD view. I'll be sure to ask for that. I'm going to call ASAP.

We also have just returned and found the Courtyard to be pretty good. The staff was very helpful in every way, especially the housekeeping. The room was clean and had two large beds. The hotel is definitely older, but we found that it grew on us. The bus transportation was tremedous and made our trip to the park a breeze with the children. We enjoyed the $20.01 promotion as well, but would have easily paid 60.00 for the room, location, staff and Disney transport.

Tracy

Hi, we are staying at CbyM end of October. Can anyone recently back please tell me if the tower rooms smell of cigarette smoke or are noisy. I believe they open directly onto the atrium and even though I liked the idea of having a room facing the fireworks we are non smokers and wanted a non smoking room so didn't want the smell of smoke drifting up from the lobby. How much noise do you get drifting up from the lobby? If we didn't get a room in the tower what are the other rooms like - are they near the pool?, near a busy road? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Our room was located on the top (6th) floor of the non-tower building. We overlooked the pool and were on the end of the building. We could hear a bit of pool noise, but it did not affect our sleep and we noticed the security guards encouraging people to finish swimming around 11:00. We were not disturbed by any outside sounds and really found the location, staff, and price to be excellent.

Tracy

Thanks

Anyone else got any recommendations for rooms at CbyM. We really fancy the tower but not if it is noisy and smells smoky.

We moved out of tower into wing-on the side facing interstate. Due to a/c problems which should have been fixed long ago (we were there Aug 2000). No smoke or noise problems. We were on the top 2 floors before moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter