Just returned--WDW & Canadian Tickets

We just returned from our stay at the poly and canadian tickets. They were on our mde and I had to go to guest services and show any proof of canadian citizenship for myself then they scanned each magic band for our party. It was pretty simple.

I've been curious about this! When I look at my account they look like normal tickets (at least to me) so I wondered if you actually had to "activate" them or they just said that to make sure people were honest.

We just arrived today and we had to go to the park to have our tickets activated (or guest services). We were planning on going to HS anyway, so not a big deal. It was very quick and we did not have to wait at all.
Same question, did you have a package for onsite? Mine is package hotel dining passes. They changed the pass portion and i got a price reduction and was told they should just be in the magic bands when i check in. Wheras if it was bought separate as just tickets thats when you need to validate ...but thats what the CM told me...trying to figure it out

Same question, did you have a package for onsite? Mine is package hotel dining passes. They changed the pass portion and i got a price reduction and was told they should just be in the magic bands when i check in. Wheras if it was bought separate as just tickets thats when you need to validate ...but thats what the CM told me...trying to figure it out

See my answers above, but long story short we had a vacation package (WDW hotel, CAD tickets and dining) and we did not have to go and specifically validate our tickets. They were loaded into our Magic bands.
Just checked in as usual, which requires having ID, but that's always the case.

See my answers above, but long story short we had a vacation package (WDW hotel, CAD tickets and dining) and we did not have to go and specifically validate our tickets. They were loaded into our Magic bands.
Just checked in as usual, which requires having ID, but that's always the case.

Hoping ours is the same! Did they tell you at check-in you didn't need to do anything different?

Hoping ours is the same! Did they tell you at check-in you didn't need to do anything different?

At check-in, CM said nothing and asked nothing about the Canadian tickets. Just checked us in as usual, gave us the magic bands and we were good to go :)
We left our passports in the safe before heading to the parks, and we got in no problem just with a tap of the magic band, it was no different than any other time (sorry I'm assuming you have been to WDW before? ) ;)

Before our trip however I called Disney and asked this question and was told on the phone that if your Canadian Tickets were purchased as part of a PACKAGE with stay/and or dining then nothing needs to be done to redeem them other than check-in. She said if we purchased them separately, then yes we would have to first redeem them.
That's how it worked for us :)

At check-in, CM said nothing and asked nothing about the Canadian tickets. Just checked us in as usual, gave us the magic bands and we were good to go :)
We left our passports in the safe before heading to the parks, and we got in no problem just with a tap of the magic band, it was no different than any other time (sorry I'm assuming you have been to WDW before? ) ;)

Before our trip however I called Disney and asked this question and was told on the phone that if your Canadian Tickets were purchased as part of a PACKAGE with stay/and or dining then nothing needs to be done to redeem them other than check-in. She said if we purchased them separately, then yes we would have to first redeem them.
That's how it worked for us :)

Great news!! I'm going to assume ours are the same way, they have confirmation from our whole package that we're Canadian so it makes sense! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter