• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned from Polynesian! Any questions?

dimimi

DIS Veteran
We had a wonderful trip. Thank you all for your wonderful advice! If anyone has any questions...I'd love to share! Thanks!

Lots of questions for you... what building were you in.... did you eat at Caption crooks....or Kona cafe.../ how was the transportation..did you use the boat or monarail???? thanks..amy

Hi. We had a first floor room facing the quiet pool in the Tokelau building. It was a perfect location. We could see the electric parade...sort of...:-) from our patio. The resort was beautiful...very clean and everyone was friendly! We usually took the monorail from the Ceremonial house. We also took the boat from the Polynesian to Magic Kingdom and it was great. We took the buses from the TTC to MGM and Animal Kingdom. We took the monorail to Epcot. On our way home from MGM we took the Polynesian bus.

We ate at Cap'n Cooks and bought their mugs. We liked the pork and chicken fingers. We really used it more for snacks and ate most of our meals other places.

I hope this helps.

Did you request Tokelau with ground floor?? I requested Niue ground floor....but Tokelau would also be great. I know alot of people request this building... how far was the Volcano pool away??? Did you use the quiet pool?? thanks..amy

Do you think third floor with a balcony would be better or the patio room like you had? We will be staying at the Polynesian this summer. We will probably leave it to them as to what building they put us in but I want to request what floor. I know I want either the 1st or third. Is there a building that you saw that you would NOT want to stay in?
Thanks

I may be switching from POFQ to Poly due to renovations. We've never stayed at the Poly and no nothing about it. With children, we'd probably like to be close to the themed pool and the main ceremonial house. Any suggestions regarding what building/floor to stay in?

We stayed in Roratonga and loved it. One side of the building has the Ceremonial House (all the shops/restaurants/Captain Cooks) and the other side has the quiet pool, laundry, arcade, and Neverland Club. The Volcano pool (a blast!) is right outside of Captain Cooks.

My sister got a free lagoon view upgrade when she checked in way over in Tahiti. That was a haul from the Ceremonial House. She enjoyed the queit there, but with our DD8 and DS6, Roratonga was perfect.

Also both kids loved the Neverland Club. DH and I headed up to the Tambu Lounge for drinks and appetizers, then went to all the great shops at the Poly. And we didn't even have to by one stuffed animal!

You will love it!

Originally posted by JulesG
I may be switching from POFQ to Poly due to renovations. We've never stayed at the Poly and no nothing about it. With children, we'd probably like to be close to the themed pool and the main ceremonial house. Any suggestions regarding what building/floor to stay in?

Check out Tikiman's Polynesian Web Pages they will help you with your Poly planning JulesG.

I am staying at the Poly in May. I have a question is it easier to take the monorail to the TTC and catch the bus there to MGM or Animal Kingdom or just catch the bus at the resort? Dimimi wrote that he had gone to the TTC and I was wondering if it was faster but more crowded?:confused:

Hi Everyone. We loved the location of Tokelau. It was about 5 minutes to everything. We liked the ground floor. It felt like being at home. The kids could feed the ducks and walk around outside a bit. They are 5 and 9 so we didn't need to worry about them running off. The only disadvantage was we had a dripping cooler on a balcany above us...but it really wasn't a big problem.

I would suggest looking at Tikiman's site. Some longhouses are far away from the GCH or from TTC. We liked the option of the TTC. We only took it early in the morning and the bus always came quickly. We always took our bus back to the Poly, not the TTC. We never took the monorail to the TTC, we walked! It was very close and a pretty walk.

We ate at Captain Cooks, it was ok. We brought a couple of boxes of cereal for quick breakfasts and snacks for the kids. We also bought our own water/soda/beer. It really saved us a lot of money and was just as enjoyable.

I enjoy talking about our vacation...I do need to get ready for work...so I'll write more later! :( Have a good day and enjoy your planning!

Hi
do you have any idea if they were through refurbishing the Samoa bldg located across from the Volcano pool....any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kyle

Hi. I'm sorry I am not looking at a map, but they were working on Niue and the building next to it. They did make some noise during the day and several sidewalks were blocked off. They did do their best to not be in the way and loud. I know one morning when we were up around 8, my husband mentioned he was glad he wasn't trying to sleep. Hope you have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter