Just returned from 4-day Wonder

dave&kim

Earning My Ears
We just returned 31/10/2002 from 4 day Wonder Cruise. We are a first-time cruising family of 5 who tried doing their homework using this forum. Thanks for all the great tips. If any questions about our experiences are out there I would be glad to help.

Dave...would you happen to know what movies they were showing in the theatre....we are on the 7 day magic on 11/30 and figure whatever they are showing now probably will be the same thing....
Thanks...
Tom

We are also going on our 1st cruise.Here are a few questions for you.
1.Did 4 days seem to short? What would your next Cruise length be?
2.What cabins did you have?
3.Did anybody in your family get sea sick?
4.Did you fly in the day before?If you did, where did you stay?

Nick and Cindy,
I answer to your questions:
1. For our first cruise with kids we felt the 4 days was about right. However, our kids just started to develop relationships with other kids on day three at sea. Our kids are 10,14,15. We wanted to give everyone a "taste" of cruising to make sure we were comfortable with it. We have talked about making the next cruise a 7 day but are not fully decided on that. For our purposes, the 4 day was great.

2. Our cabin # was 8084. This was a level 4 family stateroom. We were amazed at how well this room accomadated us considering we are used to renting 2 bedroom condos when we travel. TIP: take along one of those over-door shoe racks to hold all bathroom items. I think it saved the day!The cabin was just below Beach Blanket Buffet and provided some chair noise about 6am but we still loved the location close the the top decks and just down from the aft elevators and stairs for convenience.

3. Seasick? The seas seemed roughest the first night. Although nobody got seasick there was motion the first night. I felt Meclizine and Dramamine taken before the motion started prevented any potential problem. I actually felt worse when we reached land again. The ground is still moving.

4. Flight night before? Yes and we would repeat. We had an evening flight arriving at 8:30 pm and stayed at Embassy Suites. The rate was $79 with full breakfast for a 2 room suite. The hotel was beautiful with some good family restaurants within walking distance.

Hope the helps , Dave and Kim

Nick and Cindy,

I Forgot to mention that Happy Limo took us to the Port and back. This service was impeccable, on time, relaxing. Our youngest picked up the stomach flu the night before debarkation and I couldn't imagine a ride on the disney bus.
Dave and Kim

I am also interested in knowing what movies were playing while you were cruising...Thanks!! :)

Dave and Kim,
Thanks for the quick response back.;) We are feeling the same way about trying 4 day cruise first.And if we like it then go for the 7 day.:D

Where was Embassy Suites? Did they have a shuttle that picked you up at the hotel?

We are probably going to fly in the night before our cruise next year, and haven't decided how to handle it yet.

Thanks! Glad to hear your kids had a good time. We have been on 3 cruises with 2 booked for next year. DH and I enjoy it SO much, and so do our twins (age 9), but we wondered if they delight would continue into those teen years. We were hoping to maky our cruise an annual event! So I am glad to know that teenagers enjoy the cruise also.

Debra

Regarding the question about the movies on board......
On the 10/31/02 Wonder sailing we got to see Santa Clause 2 on the same night it premiered on land - 11/1/02. Other movies were: Lilo and Stitch, Signs, Tuck Everlasting, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and Sweet Home Alabama.

Hi-
We stayed at the Embassy Suites in January before we cruised. Which one did you stay at for the $79 rate? I'm getting ready to book ours for our Dec. Wonder cruise. We also used Happy Limo and were happy as well (except for the champaign we ordered and I was taking a sip and we hit a bump and it went right in to my eye with contacts-lovely red sore eyes for cruising that night).

Regarding Embassy Suites:
We stayed at the Embassy Suites about a mile from the airport. They have a shuttle which we phoned after we picked up our bags. The rate was $79 per suite including full breakfast. We are a family of 5 and wanted lots of space before the cruise so we booked 2 suites. A small glitch in the reservation request helped me talk the front desk into a rate of $69 when it was all said and done.
At $46 per transfer via Disney I felt the Limo was the best deal for us. Happy Limo now has 2 limos available. The super stretch is a 10 passenger newer model for $300. They also have 1997 models that seat 8. The 8 seater cost $240. At $10 more than the Disney bus we were sold. The advantage of the Limo from our perspective was relaxation, privacy, a grocery stop, a punctual pickup both ways and instead of the Disney movie on the bus we watched Harry Potter on the Happy Limo DVD.
Hope this info helps those that arrive the night before cruise. We thought it worked well for us.

If you would happen to remember the street that Embassy Suites is on please let me know. We have 4 kids and always stay at an Embassy Suites due to the size of room and breakfast, and cocktail hour.

There are like three Embassy Suites all about the same radius so if you remember exactly which one it was (street name) that would be helpful!!

Thanks again

Embassy Suites Location;
5835 T.G. Lee, Orlando FL 32822
Phone 407-888-9339
Hope this Helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter