Pepper Market at Coronado Springs for dinner
1900 Park Fare character breakfast
Rainforest Cafe (DTD) for lunch
Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner on the night of MNSSHP
Princess Breakfast at Norway character breakfast
San Angel Inn for dinner
Tony's Town Square character breakfast
Pirates of Carribean fast food for lunch place

I'd like to hear what you thought of LTT's character dinner. We're going there for Thanksgiving.

I'd love to hear what you thought about this character meal. Did you think it was worth the increased price? Which princesses appeared? What time did you have your meal, early or later? How was the food? Any other details you care to share would be appreciated.

LTT was wonderful. We didn't realize until we got there that it was a set menu and would be in family size servings, so my husband was a littled disappointed thinking there was nothing there that he was going to like. It was Beef (tasted like beef fajita meat - very good), Turkey and Ham, then a bowl of mashed potatoes, bowl of mixed veggies, bowl of macaroni and then a saucer of gravy and also some stuffing on the meat plate. My husband ended up asking for seconds on the beef. We loved the meal and if you go on a MNSSHP night it was cute the way the characters were dressed up over their costumes for Halloween and so were all the cast members. Someone did a great job on their make-up. I liked the atmosphere in there as well. It was a great dinner and we had to roll ourselves out of there!

Princess Breakfast was scheduled for 8:30 but we were running late and didn't get there till 9am and they seated us anyways. We had great food there, we even asked for seconds, but the money was not worth the service. The food was strawberries and cantelope and breads (cinnamon rolls) at your table when you are seated. Then they bring out the big plate full of scrambled eggs, cheesy potatoes (yummy!) sausage patties, bacon, french toast strips. The service there was awful, in fact we heard a family complaining to the manager as we were seated and they ended up getting their meal for free. We saw many unhappy people there asking anyone who would listen to find their waiter for them, including us. My husband was not happy about paying the money for that meal knowing that the waiter did such a crappy job - don't worry, our waiter realized the mistakes he had made through his tip. But if I wasn't able to get into Cindy's which I wasn't, I would do it again, just to see the princesses, which we saw Mulan, Jasmine, Snow White, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty.

Since it is just DH and myself we have not done a character meal in years. (The last one we did we enjoyed) We are thinking about doing breakfast at 1900. What can you tell me about your experience there? Thanks

Well, this was actually my second time at 1900 Park Fare and I think I will make it a regular visit each time. I loved the food and atmosphere. They have the carousel horses everwhere for decoration and usually always have Mary Poppins and either the Mad Hatter or Bert. They have the made-to-order omelettes which were to die for and then a buffet of everything else you could possibly think of. It is a wonderful place!

What did you think about Tony's Character Breakfast? Was the food O.K.? What was offered? How was the service???!!

Thanks so much Wendy for your Princess review. I really wanna eat with the princesses but the price is putting me off. I think I'll look at it as one of those "once in a lifetime" type meal experiences. Hopefully, we'll get a server who is more on the ball. It sounds like you enjoyed the food and the character interaction and that is what's most important to me. I just wish this breakfast was not $20 per person!

Curly Q:
Tony's breakfast was really good. We were seated right away for our 8:05am (PS) and there was a huge cinnamon roll on our table already. Once our waiter had asked our choice between the traditional or healthy breakfast, he quickly returned with a plate of the traditional breakfasts for each of us which included:
scrambled eggs, yummy cheesy potatoes with onions, bacon, sausage patties and then a side plate for us to share of french toast with white pastry sauce over it and blueberries and strawberries over it. Our waiter was very good here and we had the characters over to us within the first 15 minutes we were there! It was definitely worth the money there. I had never eaten in Tony's for anything before and I loved it in there with all the photos from the movie of Lady and Tramp and especially the big fountain in the middle of the restuarant of Lady and Tramp themselves.

ZerasPride:
Your welcome. As I said I would do it again too. Because you just never know how long they will offer that there in Norway, and then you can say you did that once in a lifetime opportunity. I think the main problem with the servers there is that they weren't fluent in English and they were a little understaffed. But like I said the food and character interaction was just enough to balance it out for me!
Have fun and tell us all about it when you return.

BbearRosenfeld, did they tell you what's included in the healthy breakfast at Tony's? How were the crowds in the restaurant at that time?

Thanks for the review and the reply!! I'm very happy the breakfast there is good. I'm also curious about the "healthy" breakfast offer. I'm a vegetarian, but also want the eggs cheesy potatoes and french toast!! Is it family style all you can eat and do they allow sharing? Thanks again!!!

Bunnyfoo:
I believe they said it was fruit and a granola bar or somethign to that effect. I thought I saw somehwere where they listed the breakfast for it but maybe not. Have fun!

The Princess Breakfast is family style service? From pictures I saw I thought it was a buffet. We much prefer family style.

Hi,
How was the Hollywood and Vine character breakfast? What characters were there? What food was served? Is it a buffet? How was the food?

Thank you.

We had the Princess breakfast at Norway on Oct. 7 and had the exact same problem. The food was good, princesses were great, but service was horrible! (And I'm not usually too picky about things like that, but this waiter was REALLY bad!) I thought it was just ours, but it sounds like that's not the case. I would definitely go back, though.

BbearRosenfeld,

Thanks for the reviews and info. We have a PS for Tony's at 8:05 in Nov. and are staying offsite. I'm assuming you were onsite...but can you give me any advice on the transportation into MK that early?

Hi!

How busy was the Rainforest Cafe for lunch? We've never been there and really like the look of the menu, but we've heard some bad reviews of the food from friends. :( What did you think of it?

We're also thinking of going to San Angel for lunch or dinner. What was the food like there? Is it pricey for what you get? I love Mexican food, but I'm a veggie (I do eat fish), so I'm worried there won't be much choice for me...

Many thanks,

Cheryl

Travelitis: the princess breakfast is served family style - not buffet, I thought the same as you until I arrived.

Colestat: Yes, it was a character breakfast. Hollywood and Vine was a perfect breakfast, the first meal that started off my trip. My sister worked at this restuarant back in '96 during the WDW college program, so it was good to be back in there with characters nonetheless! They had a buffet with everything you can imagine there - typical disney buffet. Food was excellent, they even had their ice cream bar with toppings open and you could find many children over there filling up on that even though it was 8am in the morning. We had characters such as Goofy, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Minnie Mouse. Minnie looked really nice in her beautiful dress.

Nkjzmom: If I were you, I would drive up to Ticket and Transportation or to MK parking lot and park there and just let them know that you have PS at Tony's and they will let you in past all the other people waiting. They do have a checklist that they go by, so be honest about your time and name. If they won't let you in those parking lots early because you are staying offsite. I would park in the parking lot of either GF, Poly or Cont and take one of those monorails over to MK to get in. Those monorails start running at 7am and stop at 11pm. Have fun!

Chezp: We went to Rainforest Cafe for lunch about right at noon and it wasn't busy at all, we probably waited 5 minutes for them to call our name and we didn't have reservations ahead of time. By the time we left around 1pm it was packed outside with a long line. So we were lucky we went at a good time. I had heard the same things that you had with regard to the food, but we loved our food so much that we got a to go box for what we couldn't finish to take back to the room. We had some cheese sticks for an appetizer and then I had the "Rasta Pasta" and my husband had a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salas and we both loved our meals.
We loved San Angel Inn for dinner. This is a must meal every time I go to WDW. It's the only restuarant that I always go to every trip. I'm never disappointed. It was definitely our favorite meal of the trip. We thought it was very reasonably priced for our meal. As a vegetarian I couldn't tell you whether it's a good choice or not, because I don't remember the menu too well, but maybe they could make you some spinach enchiladas or something. We both got the plato mexicano which gives you a piece of meat about 8 oz like a steak, cheese enchilada, beef burrito. IT was wonderful! For an appetizer since we were starved and hadn't had lunch we got what we thought would be queso dip, but it was queso something else. The waiter brought it out and it was a cheese with meat and peppers on a skillet which he stirred up there at our table while we watched, then proceeded to put little pieces of it in flour tortillas. It was the best "queso" we've ever had!

Chezp
We're also thinking of going to San Angel for lunch or dinner. What was the food like there? Is it pricey for what you get? I love Mexican food, but I'm a veggie (I do eat fish), so I'm worried there won't be much choice for me...

I'm also a vegetarian!! San Angel will make all most any item on their menu without meat! Their beans also have no lard in them. Also one more tip, everything in China is made with chicken fat or broth.:(
Have fun:bounce:

Family style at the SBP is fantastic! Having to deal with a buffet with 3 kids is not a restful experience, especially since the youngest is 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter