Just Returned..A Successful Thanksgiving Visit

a1tinkfans

Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!
A rather last minute visit filled with laughter and memory making moments over Thanksgiving! Three adults ( adult son home for a holiday break) stayed at POFQ. This visit made us realize we won’t be returning there. Online check in was easy, friendly, helpful interactions with Bell services, Magical Express, Registration, Gift shop and Mousekeeping (Opted out and snagged the gift card). Never saw anyone for room check.
The resort is quite lovely and we ve stayed several times before. The plusses are the boat to disney springs, Excellent bus service for entire week ( used app and the boards at the b/stop), small size.
The negative for us is the food court. The food choices are too limited. They close too early. They need a larger grab and go area. The food was So Very Salty. The service was consistently slow. Sooo slow! The prices are high ( everywhere, not just here). Building 7, was quiet, easy walk to buses and main area. The horse carriage rides went by and that was nice to watch. Room itself was fine.
I was able to secure some sit down meals we wanted and we were OOP. Our meals were typically Later lunch, ran us about $150-$250 per sit down. Typically 2 cocktails/beer, and food was good ( again salty) but..Overpriced imho. Just an observation, no real surprises as we re used to dining out/better restaurants. We ate at Yak and Yeti, Crystal Palace, Morocco, and lots of snacks everywhere, counter services as well ( pofq, POR, Akl).
ME was excellent. taxi service was Excellent, internal buses were Excellent.
Crowd level at MK on T day was moderate, but we had our FP’s set and were able to add on afterwards. We had no interest in waiting hours for mine train, Peter Pan or a few others but the impact was minimal for us.
Rather... the breakdown of dinosaur, fp ride.. waited 20 minutes to be told they d give us Anything FP. We returned to it later that nite. Breakdown of Buzz lightyear ( standby.. we waited 35 minutes to then be told it broke down and NO fp offered.. disappointing)
No real interactions with CM’s , no smiles or friendly hellos.. no real magic feel as in many previous visits.
We Greatly enjoyed the Twilight Safari at Kidani. Shout out to Candi, our 10pm Safari guide. She was Amazing!! Friendly, funny, knowledgeable. ( I let concierge know who said they’d let her/mgr know). It was an Awesome experience to get up close and personal with the animals as you use the night vision goggles. We Loved it and would not hesitate to do it again. And each participant gets s special Glow in the dark pin!!

Oops...continuing, lol.
( forgot to add in Irish pub in Disney springs for dinner, Yum)
We also went horseback riding at the fort. Shout out to Grace from Melbourne! She made us feel comfortable and safe ( haven’t been on a horse ( my horse was Max) in 30 years! So personable and we greatly enjoyed the entire experience. We saw Deer along the way and some fun decorated cabins as well!

Overall, we had a great time.. had never been over Thanksgiving Time and despite it being somewhat busy it was pleasantly doable with reasonable expectations.
I’m sure we ll be back to our favorite Deluxes again for return visits, being rather last minute.. those prices were exorbitant this visit and was just happy to snag a room.
I shopped way too much this visit, went a bit overboard but Oh what fun! Can’t wait to return with my Newest Mickey luggage!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thankful our little family was able to spend some Magical time at Disney together! Many laughs along the way.
Any questions.. ask away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!