Just returned 11/23

slp87

DIS Veteran
We arrived on Sat, 11/19 and returned Wed, 11/23. We had a great time!! The crowds were heavy, but we still managed to ride all the rides and our favorites more than once. We stayed at the Grand Californian on the concierge level, went for early entry 2 days, did the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet, and Blue Bayou. There were 5 in our party, my parents, brother, 11 yo DD, and myself. Mom & brother were both using electric scooters which was somewhat of a challenge with the crowds. Didn't get to see the fireworks until the last night due to them being cancelled every other night. Highlight for DD was getting to ride Grizzly River Run 8 times in a row just before park closing. Absolute favorite was the rehabbed Space Mountain...it was fabulous!! This trip made me even more excited for our WDW trip in March and we'll be returning to DL for dance competition in June. Let me know if there are any questions!!

The weather was perfect! 80's and sunny during the day, nights were cool, but comfortable.

Hi

I will be staying at the Grand in early Dec on the concierge level also (2 adults and 2 kids). Could you please give me some information about the food/storytelling/anything else that was special? I am trying to justify the expense!! Ha

Also, did you use them to make dining reservations or anything else?

Thanks for the help.

:earsgirl:

We didn't use them for any dining reservations, but we were very satisfied with the food selections. For breakfast they had cereal, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, croissants, bagels, and juice. We also asked for yogurt and got some of that as well. We would typically each grab a soft drink/water on our way out. They also had coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. If you want a soft drink to have later be sure to bring something to transfer it into as they are glass bottles and aren't allowed in the parks. During the lunch/tea hours there were turkey, salmon & vegetable finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, scones & cookies. We only made it for the wine & cheese hour twice, but there were various cheeses, pb&j uncrustables, and a hot appetizer. One night was a tamale type muffin, and the other was black bean empanandas. Both were very good. We thought all the food was very good and were amazed at how little we spent in the parks. Just twice we bought some lemonade to drink and ate 2 lunches. The Christmas decorations were beautiful...you'll love it!

Hey, we were there the same time. We stayed at Grand Californian 2 nights and then, spent the rest of the week at Marriott's Newport Villas. We went to Disney on 18th & 19th. Used early entry on the 19th and that was awesome. We got to ride Matterhorn 3 times in a row. Then, we came back on Thanksgiving Day. Oh boy that was way too crowded for me. But with Fastpasses we were able to ride some of the rides. I thought it was funny how in Orlando you need a fastpass to ride the Winnie Pooh ride but in LA nobody was riding it. I thought it was a cute ride. It was fun comparing the two parks! Also heard that the weather was 14 degrees warmer than normal.

Tina

Hey Suzanne,

We leave for the GC on Sunday and are staying on the concierge floor for 4 nights. This will be our first time on that level and are hoping we really enjoy it. We have a two year old and three year old. I was wondering...

How was check in?

How was the storyteller in the lounge?

Did you feel it was worth the extra money?

And lastly, how did you get 2 days early entrance? We were told one was the limit, even if you offered to pay more.

Thanks for the report!

Check in was great! They met us at the shuttle and took us straight up to the concierge floor where we checked in. We didn't see the storyteller since my DD wasn't interested. We definitely felt it was worth the money. Anytime we walked by we grabbed a drink or snack, if they were out. Even if there isn't food out, you can go in and get drinks from the fridge. You can also request a fridge in your room at no extra cost, so we kept a few in there as well.

Early entry was confusing to us to after one of the CMs told us we could actually get 2 days worth of entry (we were only there on 2 ee days). We stopped at Guest Relations to double check and were told the same thing the concierge CM told us. If you are staying at one of the 3 Disney hotels, you can show your slip for charging and get in for as many early entries as you are there. We were really nervous because we didn't want to get up early to be turned away, but sure enough, we showed our charge paper and got in 2 days in a row. It doesn't work with a room key, only the paper used to charge to the room.

I have reservations at the Grand Californian, I was told that with our park hopper passes, we get one EE day. Is the daily EE thing just for concierge level guests?

I just pulled out my credit "card" to double check...nothing on our credit slip says concierge. We went believing that we would only get on ee day as well. When you enter for ee they will stamp your ticket with a red DLEE stamp. As we were nearing the gate the 2nd ee morning, the CM asked the man in front of us if he was staying at one of the 3 Disney hotels and when he said yes, she asked if he had his paper for charging. He pulled it out and went on. So when we got up there I showed her our slip, and she stamped our tickets a 2nd time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter