Just received a new booklet for Jan 2021 cruise

lklgoodman

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else received this? Says Welcome Aboard on cover, has reservation info, and then quite a bit of pages showing what's on the ship. First time after 5 cruises to receive this. I thought the whole purpose of them not sending the booklet with luggage tags was to be more environmentally friendly? This is a little different from previous ones. We have a Jan 2020 cruise coming up, so I thought it was for it, but it's for our 2021 cruise. We also received a booklet last month showing all the cruises for 2019, um thanks it's a little late for that!--And yes it was for 2019 I doubled checked. Maybe they're going to send these now instead of the previous ones we got with luggage tags?????

We got one a couple weeks ago for our August 2020 cruise. It looks similar to the booklets they'd send out for Disney world reservations.

We got one a couple weeks ago for our August 2020 cruise. It looks similar to the booklets they'd send out for Disney world reservations.

I haven't been to WDW in over 25 yrs, just thinking about the planning for there makes my head explode!! It just seems weird they'd send me one for my cruise that is over 400 days away, and not send one for the cruise I have in 2 months.

We just received one for our December 2020 cruise, complete with our room number, reservation number, etc. While it does it's job to build excitement, I wouldn't mind forgoing it to save on the cost of making it. Truly, it's not something I need.....

Yes, we got one recently for our Feb 2021 cruise. I would rather have the full size booklet they used to give you with the luggage tags (the one with a lot of info including your booked activities, not the one that’s a couple of pages with almost no info). Sigh.

I haven't been to WDW in over 25 yrs, just thinking about the planning for there makes my head explode!! It just seems weird they'd send me one for my cruise that is over 400 days away, and not send one for the cruise I have in 2 months.
Lol, we generally do Disney World 2x a year thanks to our DVC timeshare (and we do a DCL cruise every 2 years.) We have it all down to a science. DH is the 'go to' guy at work for people needing advice on how to plan their Disney trips. Now stick us in Disneyland and I'd have no idea what to do! Part of our love of Disney World is knowing where everything is. We've been on the Wonder and Magic...next cruise is on the Dream (after 8 nts at Disney world)...so it'll all be new to us (including Pirate night as both of our previous cruises were 'northern' cruises with Frozen deck parties)...need to figure out a new ship configuration. I was actually happy to get the planning booklet to show the family the ship info. I do think they're sending them out earlier than needed...if you're not sending them within a couple weeks of booking the trip, then you should be sending them out maybe 130+ days out...since it does contain the dates you can do online checkin, etc. I'd say your Jan 2020 cruise is coming up too soon for the booklets to be of use as most people will have already done their online checkin, etc.

It's interesting that DCL is starting to send these types of booklets...not sure when I last got one for my WDW trips...haven't gotten any yet for my 2020 trips and those booklets need to be sent out before the 180 day mark so people know when to book dining reservations...

Has anyone else received this? Says Welcome Aboard on cover, has reservation info, and then quite a bit of pages showing what's on the ship. First time after 5 cruises to receive this. I thought the whole purpose of them not sending the booklet with luggage tags was to be more environmentally friendly? This is a little different from previous ones. We have a Jan 2020 cruise coming up, so I thought it was for it, but it's for our 2021 cruise. We also received a booklet last month showing all the cruises for 2019, um thanks it's a little late for that!--And yes it was for 2019 I doubled checked. Maybe they're going to send these now instead of the previous ones we got with luggage tags?????

Do you happen to have a picture of the new booklet? I just received the little envelope for our cruise next month

We just received ours for a trip next summer.

Annoyed me greatly as it was addressed to my husband alone.
(I do all the vacation planning, it wasn't addressed to both of us, or the family, just him.)

We still aren't committed, and since I am the family travel agent, I was happy for him to look at the shiny pictures.
And encourage him to encourage me to commit the $$.

We received one last week for Christmas 2020. I honestly didn't look at how it was addressed. Sorry to my neighbors for accidents, but I open anything in my mailbox without looking at the name unless it's obviously a birthday card or something. I'm also the one to do all the planning, occasionally asking for a vote on something specific.

I've never posted pics on here before, hopefully this works. First pic is the cover then some of others to give you an idea.
2019-11-20 11.30.02.jpg2019-11-20 11.30.41.jpg2019-11-20 11.31.15.jpg

Last edited:
Received the Welcome Aboard booklet today for a June 2020 cruise. I wonder if DCL sends this booklet out to everyone who booked this cruise. The PIF date is 28 Feb 2020. What if I cancel this cruise? Or is this booklet meant to build anticipation so I don't cancel it?

I'd rather receive the previous cruise booklet with info on itinerary and luggage tags which I found to be useful for my trip. This new booklet is a waste.

Received the Welcome Aboard booklet today for a June 2020 cruise. I wonder if DCL sends this booklet out to everyone who booked this cruise. The PIF date is 28 Feb 2020. What if I cancel this cruise? Or is this booklet meant to build anticipation so I don't cancel it?

I'd rather receive the previous cruise booklet with info on itinerary and luggage tags which I found to be useful for my trip. This new booklet is a waste.

Agree, I just cancelled my Jan 2021 cruise that I received the booklet for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter