Just purchased first Annual Pass - question about buying MNSSHP tix now

barefootMom

Mouseketeer
Hi - I just purchased a Platinum Pass for my daughter who will be going to college in Orlando this year. From what I read, this acts as just a voucher in my account until she activates it when she goes to a park to use it for the first time? Does it have to be activated for me to get discounts on tickets for the four of us if we plan to go to one of the MNSSHP and a DAH event in August? How do I purchase those or who do I call to do that to get discount? I'm hoping they will allow the discount since she will not likely want to activate the actual pass for a regular park day until some time in September but we want to do some of these events when we are moving her in at college late August (just wont be doing regular park days then). Thx!

Hi - I just purchased a Platinum Pass for my daughter who will be going to college in Orlando this year. From what I read,
1. this acts as just a voucher in my account until she activates it when she goes to a park to use it for the first time?
2. Does it have to be activated for me to get discounts on tickets for the four of us if we plan to go to one of the MNSSHP and a DAH event in August?
3. How do I purchase those or who do I call to do that to get discount?
1. Almost.
Currently, it is just a "voucher" (actually, an "AP certificate") until it is first "activated" by an in-person visit to at any Guest Relations or ticket booth and showing a valid photo ID (don't forget to ask for the AP ID card.)
After THAT, the new AP will not start "counting down" its year of validity until the guest actually enters a park gate using that new AP for the first time. That first visit can be on the same day or a later day than when the AP was "activated" at Guest Relations or ticket booth.
2. Nope.
3. Call in the usual way and book them.
Mention that she has an AP certificate.

Last edited:
Hi - I just purchased a Platinum Pass for my daughter who will be going to college in Orlando this year. From what I read, this acts as just a voucher in my account until she activates it when she goes to a park to use it for the first time? Does it have to be activated for me to get discounts on tickets for the four of us if we plan to go to one of the MNSSHP and a DAH event in August? How do I purchase those or who do I call to do that to get discount? I'm hoping they will allow the discount since she will not likely want to activate the actual pass for a regular park day until some time in September but we want to do some of these events when we are moving her in at college late August (just wont be doing regular park days then). Thx!

You can book online. As long as they are in your MDE you will have the option to select the AP discounted price.

They provide the courtesy to be able to purchase MNSSHP tickets at a discount with only the voucher, but the discounts is for those who are Passholders at the time, so she is supposed to activate her ticket before her MNSSHP date, if she is using the AP discount to purchase the MNSSHP ticket. The discount is only $5 off though, so not a large discount if she does not want to activate her pass early. Discount would cover her ticket and up to 3 additional tickets on the same evening.

Thanks for the help all of you -- so I called today and they allowed me to purchase the 2 after hours events and the MNSSHP night for my family using the AP discount even though we only have the voucher at this point. So now I am just confused as to whether or not she has to actually activate her AP before we use those event tickets? I know someone said No that we do not have to but am not positive and then am not sure if they are just are automatically on the magic bands we already have that are active from our last trip if the event tickets are showing up on MDE? or am I supposed to get actual physical tickets somewhere?

Thanks for the help all of you -- so I called today and they allowed me to purchase the 2 after hours events and the MNSSHP night for my family using the AP discount even though we only have the voucher at this point. So now I am just confused as to whether or not she has to actually activate her AP before we use those event tickets? I know someone said No that we do not have to but am not positive and then am not sure if they are just are automatically on the magic bands we already have that are active from our last trip if the event tickets are showing up on MDE? or am I supposed to get actual physical tickets somewhere?
The ticket is purchased and accessed on your bands, and no one is going to stop you. But, the website states the discount is for Passholders. The assumption that is made when you get a discounted ticket with your voucher is that you'll be a Passholder when you use that discounted ticket. This is strictly in the self-monitoring space.

My question, are the event tickets in fact showing up on MDE?

One other thought:
She may want to activate her AP on that MNSSHP so she can take advantage of the mercy and TS discounts. There is exclusive mercy for sale at MNSSHP and she could get 20% off if she has her Passholder card . She would get 10% off at TS restaurants in MK and monorail. So, depending on your plans, she could save on her MNSSHP evening if she activates her pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!