Just off Fantasy *June 9-16

fhtpdw20

DIS Veteran
For those wondering if Incredibles 2 is showing on the ship, it is. They did a midnight preview on June 14th. We were also the second cruise to see the updated version of Buccaneer Blast before the fireworks. Your best view is deck 12. If you go to deck 11 you have to stay seated in taped out squares as the pirates are battling around you. The fireworks also seemed a bit longer to me. As for the stage show, they were show consecutively at 7:15pm the first night and the next night like normal before and after each dinner seating. They are also shown in your room on channel 23 4 times per night on the second night if you can't get to the theater.

We got off the Fantasy on the 9th. I did think the fireworks lasted a bit longer. I remember not being impressed 2 years ago and enjoyed the show and fireworks more this time. We sat on Deck 11 for the show and it was fine as everyone around and in front of us was seated. We were on Deck 12 by the stairs to the Aquaduck for a different show (Dance party maybe) and thought that was a great spot.

We were on that cruise as well. I was surprised to see the double showings of the state shows but we had not planned to go to them all anyway. My 16 year old LOVED the midnight showing of Incredibles 2. The rest of us went to bed and saw it the next day. LOL

For those wondering if Incredibles 2 is showing on the ship, it is. They did a midnight preview on June 14th. We were also the second cruise to see the updated version of Buccaneer Blast before the fireworks. Your best view is deck 12. If you go to deck 11 you have to stay seated in taped out squares as the pirates are battling around you. The fireworks also seemed a bit longer to me. As for the stage show, they were show consecutively at 7:15pm the first night and the next night like normal before and after each dinner seating. They are also shown in your room on channel 23 4 times per night on the second night if you can't get to the theater.
They showed the first night's stage show at 7:15 for everyone? How did they possibly accommodate everyone? Did people from first seating have to rush to the show? That sounds odd. Was it noted in the Navigator? Thanks.

All Walt Disney Theater shows on June 9-16th Fantasy:

Sat - Wishes at 7:30pm
Sun - Wishes at 6:15pm and 8:30pm
Mon - Aladdin at 7:15pm
Tues - Aladdin at 6:15pm and 8:30pm
Wed - Solo at 4:15pm and 7:30pm, Incredibles 2 at 11:59pm
Thurs - Believe at 6:15pm and 8:30pm
Fri - Believe at 7:15pm

(Incredibles 2 was running in the WDT all day on Thursday.)

Since this was our 7th cruise we had already planned to do some other activities in the evening anyway so the double dip shows wasn't a big deal. We skipped Believe all together (I seriously can't see that again.) We did Wishes on Sun, Aladdin on Tues and Solo on Wed. Getting to the theater at 7:30pm from early dinner wasn't too difficult - we just let our servers know we wanted to make the show and they made it happen for us without dinner feeling rushed.

By skipping some of the shows in the WDT, we saw some comedians and did other activities. It was a nice change.

This seems so strange to me. What was happening in WDT before and after the 7:15 shows?

Still no welcome show I see.

All Walt Disney Theater shows on June 9-16th Fantasy:

(Incredibles 2 was running in the WDT all day on Thursday.)

Since this was our 7th cruise we had already planned to do some other activities in the evening anyway so the double dip shows wasn't a big deal. We skipped Believe all together (I seriously can't see that again.) We did Wishes on Sun, Aladdin on Tues and Solo on Wed. Getting to the theater at 7:30pm from early dinner wasn't too difficult - we just let our servers know we wanted to make the show and they made it happen for us without dinner feeling rushed.

By skipping some of the shows in the WDT, we saw some comedians and did other activities. It was a nice change.

This is really disappointing. We are cruising on the Fantasy for the first time later this summer. I was looking forward to each stage show and entertainers.

On the nights with only one show, nothing else is happening in the theater. (Except for the night that they showed Incredibles 2.) There is still plenty to do on the ship. In the past we have found that we missed many of the entertainers around the ship because their shows conflicted with the WDT shows. We saw more of them this time and really enjoyed it.

This is really disappointing. We are cruising on the Fantasy for the first time later this summer. I was looking forward to each stage show and entertainers.
Except for "A Fantasy Come True" welcome show which was removed, you still have the other three stage shows with more performances to choose from. The variety/entertainment acts were performing before/after dinner seatings too, but they were in The Tube rather than WDT. Aside from being able to go to the WDT for a different show each night, you should still be able to experience all the scheduled live entertainment onboard.

Last edited:
I seriously would not be hurt if Disney retired some of the stage shows on the fantasy. Some were just hard to watch - wishes and believe.

On our sailing on the fantasy May 19th, there was more demand to see Aladdin than there were seats to sit in. Unless you got there pretty early, you were out of luck. So maybe doubling up on the good shows isn’t such a bad thing!

You can always see the individual performers in other venues, or at matinees in the main theater.

You can always see the individual performers in other venues, or at matinees in the main theater.
Those venues, the lounges, are very small. Only a very small number of people could take advantage of this at any given time.

Those venues, the lounges, are very small. Only a very small number of people could take advantage of this at any given time.
For the very popular shows they simulcasted the performers show in La Piazza and had multiple performances at different times.

For the very popular shows they simulcasted the performers show in La Piazza and had multiple performances at different times.
Instead of actually being able to see the person yourself? That's insulting considering the WDT was made for just such events and audience sizes.

There's a difference between choosing to watch shows on your stateroom TV rather than the theatre versus being forced to watch a TV version because DCL is forcing the variety acts into venues that are too small.

Instead of actually being able to see the person yourself? That's insulting considering the WDT was made for just such events and audience sizes.

There's a difference between choosing to watch shows on your stateroom TV rather than the theatre versus being forced to watch a TV version because DCL is forcing the variety acts into venues that are too small.
Insulting was the exact word that came to my mind! The fact that there aren't enough seats in the smaller venues for everyone to see the variety acts should tell Disney to put them back in the WDT where they belong! Watching on a screen from another area is unacceptable with paying the Disney premium for live entertainment! I was on Feb Wonder cruise when they were experimenting with duplicate shows like this and I really missed being able to see the variety acts in the WDT. I really missed not being in the WDT each night and felt that I'd lost a significant value of my cruise... :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter