• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just needed some info for HHI in late march??

rapisano

Mouseketeer
We were considering HHI in March of 2008 however the weather could pose a problem??? Does anyone know how the weather was last year 2007 in March???
Thanks for the info...:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

We live just up the road and unfortunately March is a very iffy month as far as the weather is concerned! It is usually in the low 60's for a high and in the 40's for lows. It's possible to have some fluke days of 70's. But it could also be in the 50's. March can be a rainy month also. You just never know!

We were considering HHI in March of 2008 however the weather could pose a problem??? Does anyone know how the weather was last year 2007 in March???

We were there for 3 nights the first of April this year. It was in the 70's right before we arrived, we had 3 days of low-80's (unusual!) and it dropped down to the 30's (freeze warning) the day we drove home. Honestly, weather will be iffy in SC until June. The ocean water is like ICE until summer, but it can still be nice golf/biking weather.

We were there the last week of March, 2007. It was definately sweatshirt weather. My older DS didn't swim at all, my younger DS only swam in the hot tub. The ocean water was freezing and it was really windy. We didn't have storms but the weather was definately not the highlight of the week.

We're back to the heat and humidity of summer next year.

If you do go in March, pack the bug spray. The no-see-ums/sand fleas were terrible.

Many years ago, my first trip to HHI was at the end of March. Wore shorts with a sweatshirt. Nice enough to sit by the pool bar and chat with some locals(who were dressed like I would when it was 20 out, but then again I'm from Ohio).

It was sunny and definately better than weather at home. But of course it was in the upper 70's for 5 days straight before I got there. :rotfl2:

Ps No I didn't go in the pool, but did walk on the beach.

Hi! We're also considering a trip to HHI the end of March, 2008. We've been to HHI twice in mid-March. Neither time was what we'd consider swimming weather (but for people from up north, they might think it was-the pools are heated). The first trip had beautiful weather the first few days for walking, biking, miniature golfing-low 70s. The second trip in mid-March however was very cold, raw, windy weather. We're thinking of it, though, because it might be a nice place to celebrate Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter