Just need some empathy...

Happy to say that there's no more itching today. Still a few red welts, but they are growing smaller by the minute.

I'm going to have some corn with dinner tomorrow night and wee what happens. I'll let you all know. :scared:

Anne

Just a thought - I react with hives when I'm around bug spray- could your work place have sprayed for insects lately? It wouldn't have to bother you just at work because coats and personnal belongings can pickup the residue and bring it home.

:surfweb:

Actually, this is a good thing to consider since FL drops pesticides from the air to control infestations.

Although it does sound like you've isolated the problem with corn. Good luck & I hope you are feeling better.

Actually, this is a good thing to consider since FL drops pesticides from the air to control infestations.

This is not done regularly, and generally only done over agricultural areas. I'ts not like our air is bombarded with pesticides each night.

Anne

This is not done regularly, and generally only done over agricultural areas. I'ts not like our air is bombarded with pesticides each night.

Anne

I wasn't trying to say it was regular (hence the word infestations) but I know that one drop, 50 miles away can mess with my breathing for weeks.

(I used to live in a pesticide-free city but the original ban ran out and I definitely have move asthma attacks than I used to even though usage is quite limited and not directly around me.)

Corn sounds harder though.

you're brave!

No, just freaking stupider than dirt. :lmao:

In all seriousness, I'd rather know and know what to avoid, then find out later. My allergies often begin suddenly, and get progressively worse. So if I find out now that it's the corn for sure, I can avoid it moving forward.

Anne

Anne,

How are your hives? I hope they're better, because now I'm head to toe in the nasty hives!

I suspect mine is from the Neurontin I've been taking for the past week. I sure hope not, but we'll see what the doctor says in the morning.

Suzanne

Poohnatic, I'm so sorry to here you're having problems now too. I do hope you feel better soon :hug:

OneLittleSpark, ends up the doctor and NP agree that mine were caused by the Neurontin. On to a new med.

Yes, this happens to me a lot-the medic alert bracelet has run out of room, but most of the things are not given on an emergency basis, thank God.

Suzanne

Anne,

How are your hives? I hope they're better, because now I'm head to toe in the nasty hives!

I suspect mine is from the Neurontin I've been taking for the past week. I sure hope not, but we'll see what the doctor says in the morning.

Suzanne

I'm so sorry--you have my sympathy!

Mine are all gone. I still haven't had any corn except the dusting of corn meal I threw on the pizza pan the other day--it seems that doesn't even count as I only had one slice.

Hope you feel better soon!

Anne

Anne--
I figured it out--
You gotta go out to eat! Your body is in rebellion from all the "stay at home and save some money" meals (a budget board thread for all you other readers!)--C'mon-- go to Applebee's! (or your vice of choice;) )

Anne--
I figured it out--
You gotta go out to eat! Your body is in rebellion from all the "stay at home and save some money" meals (a budget board thread for all you other readers!)--C'mon-- go to Applebee's! (or your vice of choice;) )

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I actually have had corn twice in the past few days--some Fruit Loops, and then I got really daring and had corn as a side.

No hives. :confused3

Now I'm wondering if it was something in the fiesta corn. A preservative maybe?

Weird.

Anne

I'm glad to hear that the hives are staying away and that you seem to be okay with corn (since it's tough to avoid).

Good luck figuring it out though.

I'm glad it's not corn (that one can be a real pig to cope with in the States), but I'm sorry that you're no closer to figuring it. Good luck :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!