Lagoongirl

Earning My Ears
Day Four

Characters:
Me- 41, Lucky Mom, Haven’t been to Disneyland in 12 years
Kylie, DD-5, 1st trip to Disneyland

Wednesday, September 15

Plan- Legoland, Drive up to Anaheim

If you are only interested in a Disney trip report, please move ahead to day 5. The first part of our trip was spent in San Diego and I will report on our activities there.

We got up at 7, finished packing and loaded up the car. On our way to breakfast we ran into the family that we’d socialized with the night before. They were on their way to Sea World. After breakfast, we checked out and started driving north to Carlsbad at 9 am. The traffic was good and we arrived at the gates at 9:40 (Parking $8.00). Legoland is not included in the city pass so we paid admission. ($85.90) We were the first ones in line.

Our first ride was Coasterasauras. It is a small roller coaster. My daughter loved it and since there was no line we rode it two more times. We worked our way around the park riding the Safari, the Boat ride, and played in the Water Works area. We got our work out at the Kid power rides. The rides at this park are mostly for under 12 so Kylie loved it. The rides were boring to me, but the park is so unique with everything made of Legos that I enjoyed myself quite a bit.

We had lunch at the Knight’s Table. We shared a chicken leg, corn on the cobb, salad and jello ($16.11). We sat right across from the Royal Joust ride where there is a part of the ride that says “Oh no! Not again!” each time a child passes it. So it was really annoying to hear that every 30 seconds.

After lunch Kylie rode the Royal Joust. It is actually a really cute ride (just don’t eat your lunch near there). Then we rode the Dragon, which is another roller coaster and Kylie loved it. We rode it 3 times as well. There are about two rides there for older people and one of them looked really fun. It was called the Tournament. It has a arm thing with two seats at the end. The arm takes the passengers up and moves them all over the place. Kylie wouldn’t ride it because the passengers go upside down. It looked awesome. I talked Kylie into Technic Track which is a more adult roller coaster. She wouldn’t ride it again, but she was a sport for the one time. We then rode the Bionicle Blasters which is like the tea cups at Disneyland. We skipped wave racers because you get wet and headed for the Coast Cruise. The tiny displays of landmarks around the world is so amazing. After the coast cruise we went through Miniland to get a longer look at what we saw on the coast cruise as well as some things you can’t see from the boat. I think I was more entranced by this than Kylie was. It was all so cute and amazing. Not to be missed.

We backtracked and went back the way we came, riding the Dragon two more times and riding Coasterasauras again. We walked through the gift shops(got a tiara for $4.30), got an ice cream ($6.36) and ate it in the entry area before we left for Buena Park at 4:00. All in all this park is great if you have little ones and if I lived in the area I would definitely get season passes. If you have older kids, it is probably going to be boring for them.

I was a little worried about the traffic since it was rush hour, but the traffic was really good until we hit San Clemente where officers were stopping traffic for an inspection. That delayed us about 15 minutes. Once we passed through that traffic was good again. I was beginning to wonder what everyone was always complaining about until we hit Irvine. Traffic was at a standstill and it took 45 minutes to go 15 miles to Buena Park.

We finally arrived at the hotel at around 6 pm. After we unpacked, we went grocery shopping ($35.59) as our room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. Unfortunately, I neglected to buy plastic forks. I snuck down to the breakfast room to see if I could scrounge some up, but the door was closed and locked. So we ate our dinners without utensils, which was kind of interesting.

I knew the next couple of days would be busy and there would be no time for swimming so I took Kylie swimming. We were the only ones in the pool. Then it was off to bed at about 10.

Highlights: Miniland, The Dragon, good traffic until Irvine

Downers: no forks at dinner, bad traffic from Irvine to Buena Park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter