Just left...Quick tent camping report!

VTGirlinNC

Earning My Ears
First of all, THANK YOU to this amazing board and all of the helpful information. We are just leaving the fort. We stayed 3 nights (4/5-4/8) and loved every minute. We were in the 2000 loop and would choose that loop again over 1500. We loved the privacy of our site (2015) and how it backed up to a large green space. The kids played back there for hours. We enjoyed the Hoop Dee Doo, the Trails End for breakfast, the pool and the camp fire sing along. We didn’t have time for fishing, relaxing on the beach and just walking around exploring. The comfort stations were clean with hot water for showers, the grounds were beautiful and we had the most relaxing Disney vacation we’ve ever had. The only hiccup (and this was very annoying however it did not impact our stay) was the noise from other guests on our 2nd night. A few sites down, there was a group having a really good time until 2:30 am. They were hysterically laughing and talking in loud voices. Thankfully, my kids did not wake up. I was surprised that this area was not being patrolled, as I would’ve expected someone to shut this party down at a reasonable time. These people broke “campground etiquette” in my opinion. Anyways, like I said, it didn’t affect our experience, but it would be nice to have a direct line to a ranger for these situations (does that exist???).

It was a great trip...my only regret is that we did not stay longer. We cannot wait to return to the fort, and are planning our next trip as we drive home now!

Sounds like you had a great time (other then the party site). Glad to hear most of it went well.
It would be interesting to know if the Fort has a direct number to call like most other campgrounds. We had a problem in Gettysburg one trip (huge fire next door and way too many people talking way too loudly). We called the front security at sign in area and the fire was doused and the loud people sent back to their campers

VTGirlinNC,

It's great to hear you had a great trip and that you liked the 2000 loop. It's not my cup of tea but every loop has its fans. :cheer2:

Disney loathes enforcing its own rules unless there are clear issues of personal safety. But I don't want to cast a negative tone on your review. You've now got what we all got: Fort-itis (rhymes with "bronchitis"). Spring is a great tent camping time at the Fort and its fall equal is mid-October through November IMO (and not as expensive).

Good luck with planning a return visit. :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

VTgirlinNC very happy to hear you had a great trip, despite party on the second night. As Bama ED has pointed out you have Fortitis This is a common ailment that many who stay at or visit Ft W are prone to contracting. While to date there is NO KNOWN CURE. It's effects can be lessened by:
1 Visiting sites like this ( Be warned that one significant side effect reported is an intense desire to return) Posting details and especially photo's of your adventures with like afflicted individuals has been found to be a great help for many. Sharing is caring
2 Early planning for a return trip will normally result in a significant reduction of symptoms
3 Remission is frequently been reported once a person returns but is generally short termed ie lasting only for duration of the trip

You are not alone and help is only a extended hand away

VTgirlinNC very happy to hear you had a great trip, despite party on the second night. As Bama ED has pointed out you have Fortitis This is a common ailment that many who stay at or visit Ft W are prone to contracting. While to date there is NO KNOWN CURE. It's effects can be lessened by:
1 Visiting sites like this ( Be warned that one significant side effect reported is an intense desire to return) Posting details and especially photo's of your adventures with like afflicted individuals has been found to be a great help for many. Sharing is caring
2 Early planning for a return trip will normally result in a significant reduction of symptoms
3 Remission is frequently been reported once a person returns but is generally short termed ie lasting only for duration of the trip

You are not alone and help is only a extended hand away
Also...this is a very expensive ailment. We are moving on from the tent and have decided to start shopping for a pop up camper. Starting small, and who know where we'll end up a few years from now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter