• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just in the mood to share...Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm!

MinnieYC

DIS Veteran
I'm missing DLP, so I'm listening to my CD of "Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm" from the music used in the Princess Parade at DLP. Thought I'd share the lyrics. :flower:

Hey, there hi there ho there
It's a Disney kind of day
Glad to see your smiling faces
As we pass along the way
There's lots of fun and laughter here
A-waiting just for you
All you have to do is make a wish
And watch your dreams come true

If you take my hand
Just like Alice
You're in Wonderland
It's magic!
Clap your hands and tap your feet
And shout a big Hurray!
Mickey and his friends are calling out your name
To join the Disney Parade!

Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song
Playin' together on a holiday
You'll soon be
Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song

You're as welcome as can be
Come along and join the big Parade
And set your spirits free
You'll laugh and play and soon you'll find
You've made some brand new friends
Here we've got a funny saying that
The magic never ends

If you take my hand
Just like Alice
You're in Wonderland
It's magic!
Clap your hands and tap your feet
And shout a big Hurray!
Mickey and his friends are calling out your name
To join the Disney Parade!

Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song
You'll soon be
Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song

It's as simple as can be
To make a little Disney Magic's
Really easy : one, two, three
If you take my hand
Just like Alice
You're in Wonderland,
It's magic!
A wink, a smile and then a touch
Of magic pixie dust
You can join the mascarade come on
Get ready for the Disney Parade

We will be
Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song
You'll soon be
Dancin' a catchy rhythm
Singin' a happy song

::MinnieMo

I love that song! :)

It makes me so happy. Is that parade still going, then? I remember seeing it when I went in May 1998 but not in January of that year, so I assumed it was just for that year, but I've read in numerous places that the song is still used for the Wonderful World of Disney parade. Did that parade start in 1998, maybe?

I'm so excited about seeing the parades again. :)

This song was originally for the Wonderful World of Disney Parade. When they started the Princess Parade, it had different music, I think, but since I started visiting DLP in August 2003, Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm has been used for the Princess Parade. Maybe it helps make boys a bit more interested in the Princess Parade?

I got that one when I first went to DLP in 2002. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mind you, the worst one I found for getting in your head is Halloween-lo-ween - obviously from the Halloween parade. It's so flipping catchy and I must have played it a dozen times on the long coach trip home last year.
:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

I've only got to hear the opening bars and I'm right back on the corner of Main Street cowering from Maleficent! :rolleyes1

NIK said:
Mind you, the worst one I found for getting in your head is Halloween-lo-ween - obviously from the Halloween parade. It's so flipping catchy and I must have played it a dozen times on the long coach trip home last year.

This used to be the one most likely to stay in my head. But now that honor belongs to Carnaval! :rotfl2: La la la la CARNAVAL! La la la la CARNAVAL! I don't actually know the words so well, but the tune really stays on you!

C'est Noel is my favourite. After the parade one time last November I remember looking around and seeing loads of people (including us) dancing as the music wasstill playing - Dad's dancing with their children etc. The Christmas decorations and feel made it all the more special and it was one of those moments that you'd just like to bottle and keep for ever if you know what I mean?

Joanne

Oh, thank you for making me smile :)

I love this song! Whenever I hear it it brings back lovely memories.

Thanks MinnieYC, I was singing along in my head to the lyrics! "Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm" was used for the Princess Parade when we went last April and it really is catchy, although I agree with Nik that the Halloween song is really really catchy!

My favourite parade song though has to be "Chante C'est Noel", it's such a great song and fantastic for Christmas, listening to it brings back great memories from our Christmas trip.

Listening to the music really takes you back - I also love the Fantillusion music. Possibly the hardest song of all to get out of your head - apart from Small World of course ;) - is Animagique!

Another vote for "Halloween, Halloween" as most catchy song!

Having said that, when we were in Florida last year, there was a London-style double decker bus full of characters going round Epcot and I had to do a double-take when I hear the music coming out of it - it was Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm!

Couldn't believe it - had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't really in Paris. I was probably the only one in the park (apart from my wife!) who recognised it for what it was!

:sunny: I'm glad so many have said they liked the Halloween theme as much as I did. :sunny:

I haven't been at Xmas so I haven't heard the Christmas parade song - that's next on my list if I can convince myself I don't need to see the Villains parade again. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mind you, I did feel a bit of a fool prancing round all by msyelf when I went to see the parade a second time! :rotfl: :rolleyes1

My first parade was to 'Dancin a Catch Rythmn' and I didn't think anything could be any more catchy but I do think the halloween one just pips it a bit. I wouldn't say no to either though, sitting staring at my PC at work. We could do with a bit of a Disney parade coming through here from time to time. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hmmmm, now I need to hear the Halloween music. Although there's no way I'll be able to visit DLP any time this coming fall, and probably not fall 2006 either. :guilty: Oh well.

I've never been at DLP around Christmas, so I've never really "experienced" Chante, C'est Noel, but when I called to book our last trip, it was the song they played when they put you on hold, and I got hooked. I bought the CD when I visited, and I really like it, even though it seems a bit strange to be listening to Christmas music in the middle of March.

My sentimental favorites are the Fantillusion music and Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm, since they were both used during my first (and my second and third) visits to the park. Chante C'est Noel probably will go up there too if I ever hear it in person at the park. :) Actually, if I had to name my favorite Disney themepark songs, it would be my two favorites from DLP, plus the music from Tapestry of Nations/Dreams at Epcot (used around 1999-2001, give or take a year), and the Spectromagic music from the Magic Kingdom at WDW.

Hey, I wonder if I'm the only person in NYC who has Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm in her mp3 player...? :rotfl2: :flower: :rotfl2:

MinnieYC said:
Hey, I wonder if I'm the only person in NYC who has Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm in her mp3 player...? :rotfl2: :flower: :rotfl2:

Not sure about NYC but I have it on mine here in Exeter, England! It's certainly my favourite DLRP song with Pirates of the Caribbean coming a close 2nd. i have the whole DLRP album on my MP3 player - it's a must!

I just adore the Disney parade tunes - I have them all on CD, and my current favorite is Fantilusion - I listen while I do chores around the house and fantasize that I'm someplace else... (guess where?) :Pinkbounc

Our first time in DLP, the first time we saw the Princess Parade, my daughter and I were thrilled and surprised to hear "Catchy Rythm"!!! We already knew the song - IN HEBREW -
It had been used as the song for a show her 6th grade graduating class put on - she had a whole choreographed routine to it. It was such a kick, that first time - she was singing along in Hebrew and doing her little dance (a few of the other guests were giving her weird looks!) We were just so thrilled to find out it was a Disney song - we'd had no idea!! Of course we have it on CD too... and now we know it by heart in both languages!

Now, I want to know... what do "normal" (non-Disney-fanatics) people listen to while they iron and cook?????? :confused3

I'm definitely going to have to get a CD when I visit in June. I LOVE Dancin' To A Catchy Rhythm (it actually makes me cry with happiness; how pathetic is that?!) and I love the other Disneyland music so I'm sure I'd love the CD.

Are there different CDs or just the one? Which do you recommend? :)

Thanks for the link! I think I'll definitely get myself a copy of "Une Journée..." if it's available.

Of the CDs sold at DLP of music from the parks, most were 5.50 euro, I believe, and they have anywhere from 2-10 tracks. THe longer CDs were usually about 12-15 euro, I think.

Here are the ones we have:
La Parade du Monde Merveilleux Disney: Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm (includes original version and instrumental version)- love this one (despite the name of the CD, it's now the music used at the Princess Parade)
Fantillusion Parade (includes the parade music and the music from TInkerbell's Fantasy in the Sky FIreworks)
The Carnaval CD (I love it, but probably not worth it if you never heard it in the park)
Chante, C'est Noel (absolutely love it, despite having never having heard it in person in the park)
Princess Parade CD (kind of a mistake that we bought it- we thought it would be Dancin' a Catchy Rhythm; it's not bad, but not nearly as catchy as the others)
It's a Small World (no description necessary ;) )
Need Mag?c (proceeds go to charity; I'll admit I don't remember at all what's on this CD...)

I wish we had Animagique... :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter