Just how crowded is it?

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
As you can see in my previous post, I am making a unplanned Disneyland trip. Now my question is Just how crowded is it at the end of August?? Am I going to regret going at the end of August because of the crowds??

Anytime to go to DL is a good time. lol -- We were there from July 16 - 20 when it should have been just packed - it wasn't - now don't think you could just walk on anything but fastpass was really not an advantage most times but helpful a couple of times. July 17 Disneyland's B-day crowds were lighter than I have seen in the summer in quite some time. I think you should find the crowds very mangeable. Now the worst crowds for us were at CA (not my favorite yet). I would EE at least once at DL if you can. Have a great time

You can pretty much divide DL into 4 seasons:

peak: 6/22-8/26; 2 weeks of Christmas; Easter weekend; Thanksgiving Day/weekend; Labor Day weekend - Fri-Mon

very crowded: President's Day weekend; last workweek of August-September 23rd; week before & after Easter; Superbowl Sunday (my long-ago favorite); Memorial Day weekend; weekend prior to Christmas week (massive decorations appeal to locals)

manageable: any remaining weekends - Fri-Sun not already mentioned; Martin Luther King Day; non-Easter Spring breaks

wonderful: mid-January, mid-February, mid-March, mid-Oct, early April, Nov & Dec workdays. Because DL is in-land, these months are typically mild weather.

I went & looked for your previous post. If it is very hot out, & you like that kind of weather, the park will not be crowded. We did this trip in '98 & had the park to ourselves. No wait for Indy Jones, Splash Mtn, all the biggies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter