Just Horsin' Around June Exercise Challenge

Congrats to piglet1979 and Twilight Sparkle (me) for reaching Trotting Orange! :tigger::tigger::tigger: Other team members are very close to a color change, too, so I think we will have company here soon.

I know a lot of people are excited about Toy Story Land opening at WDW at the end of this month, so let's talk about Bullseye. Bullseye was introduced in Toy Story 2 and "is Woody's trusty toy steed from the "Woody's Roundup" gang. Bullseye can ride like the wind and leap across giant canyons in a single bound, especially when Woody is in the saddle." (Pixar Wiki)

bullseye02_5998.jpg

If anyone has little kids at home, here's a cute game to make and play featuring Jessie and Bullseye:

https://video.disney.com/watch/jessie-and-bullseye-ring-toss-54e2ef82a6c30d9415caaea4

Big color changes today! PollyannaMom, GrandAdmiralStrife, and the TEAM have reached Trotting Orange!!! Way to go!!! :dancer:

I don't have much time since I'm making dinner, so this link will have to do for today. It's a blog post about some of the Disneyland horses from about 18 months or so ago. Beautiful horses!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/09/meet-the-newest-disneyland-resort-horses/

P.S. If I got to pick one of these, I'd go with Tom. I like riding, but I love loving on them even more, so Tom sounds like my perfect buddy. Which one would you want?

Last edited:
Yesterday I still rested as I was still not feeling really good and really wanted the cough and congestion to go away. I only got 22 minutes. Today I work up feeling great and went for a walk early this morning and then again this afternoon. I got 118 minutes today.

547/1350

We have two more color changes on the board! Sophy1996 and Elizabeth Smith (joining us from London:wave:) have both reached Trotting Orange!!! Great job! party:

I'm venturing a little off track today to focus on some relatives of the horse that can be found at one of my favorite WDW resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Disney Conservation: Saving Wild Equids
While horses are widely domesticated and face few threats, their striped relatives in Africa need our help! Guessed that we’re referring to zebras? You’re right… but we’re also talking about the striped Somali wild ***.

Threats to African Equids
Habitat loss, competition for resources and hunting all pose threats to African equids, including zebras and wild asses. There are 3 zebra species: Grevy’s, mountain and plains. The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) lists Grevy’s as “endangered” and the mountain zebra as “vulnerable.” The Somali wild *** is listed as “critically endangered.”

Disney Is Helping Wild Equids
Since it began in 1995, the Disney Conservation Fund has contributed more than $40 million dollars to support conservation programs in more than 115 countries around the world including Kenya, where the fund has conducted numerous projects that focus on the monitoring and safeguarding of Grevy’s zebra populations.

While population trends for the Grevy’s zebra are currently stable, the world population of Grevy’s zebras decreased 55% between 1988 and 2007. To combat this decline, the DCF has supported nonprofit organizations focused on raising community awareness, reducing poaching, protecting and restoring critical Grevy’s zebra habitats and collecting data to better determine the success and impacts of long-term conservation plans.

Photo of a Somali wild *** taken at AKL and found on google images:
disney-s-animal-kingdom.jpg

And a link to a blog post featuring these beauties soon after they moved to AKL:

http://www.aklresort.com/content/rare-breeds-somali-wild-***-uzima-savanna

Finally, a link to a blog post from two years ago featuring zebras from AKL and AK park:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...y-two-baby-zebra-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Those babies were adorable!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!