Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Man, you're on an updating roll lately.

Always nice to take your time to enjoy each country in Epcot. I always say I'm going to do that, and then end up blasting right on through.

OMG, can you believe it? I'm back! I've been away longer than you have! I just caught up with everything instead of working. I can't remember everthing to comment on, but you know I love your reports! Yours were the first I ever read when I searched for CBR stuff.I will be back and I will be updating mine soon, and also catching up with Mo's PTR.

I have a picture question, though. Do you use Photobucket? If not, what do you use? I'd love to know. My photobucket account is being all weird saying I need to upgrade, but I actually have a lot of room left, so I'd love to find another way to post pictures so I can finish my report!

OMG, can you believe it? I'm back! I've been away longer than you have! I just caught up with everything instead of working. I can't remember everthing to comment on, but you know I love your reports! Yours were the first I ever read when I searched for CBR stuff.I will be back and I will be updating mine soon, and also catching up with Mo's PTR.

I have a picture question, though. Do you use Photobucket? If not, what do you use? I'd love to know. My photobucket account is being all weird saying I need to upgrade, but I actually have a lot of room left, so I'd love to find another way to post pictures so I can finish my report!

Photobucket just changed and they are now charging $400 to allow you to use the pictures you load in a third party forum....like this. Basically everyone is bailing and using other hosts. I expect to see Photobucket go under with in 2 years

Photobucket just changed and they are now charging $400 to allow you to use the pictures you load in a third party forum....like this. Basically everyone is bailing and using other hosts. I expect to see Photobucket go under with in 2 years

What are some other good sites to use? My husband suggested Google something or other but he didn't know if it would let yo post on forums. I'd love any suggestions! I have a TR to finish.

What are some other good sites to use? My husband suggested Google something or other but he didn't know if it would let yo post on forums. I'd love any suggestions! I have a TR to finish.

I personally use Flickr.

Yes I am!!!! I wonder who is responsible for making that happen, eh?

Well, now you are back and I didn't get a chance to update. I was busy booking trips!

Loving all the trip report updates! Mitchell enjoyed looking at all of your pictures over my shoulder. :magnify: Thanks to you, he is now very interested in visiting World Showcase!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

There's a lot for Mitchell and Owen to see and do in World Showcase! The KidCot stops are fantastic for kids.

I love the flowers too. In late june most of the stuff from the festival was gone and it looked so strange and naked

That's exactly what we said the first time we visited during a non-Flower & Garden Festival time.

Man, you're on an updating roll lately.

And just like that the writing roll stopped rolling.

Always nice to take your time to enjoy each country in Epcot. I always say I'm going to do that, and then end up blasting right on through.

Your kids like to explore things though so I'm betting they'd really like World Showcase.

Whoa! You are back! Just kiddin', it took me forever to get back to writing. Tell me when you get back to your report. I wanna read again.

So glad you are back!! Definitely helps beat the Disney Blues.:sad:

Thank you! I'm glad to be back too.

I personally use Flickr.

Thank you! I'll try that!

Thanks for letting Clare know about the photobucket issues Jen. I used to like Photobucket but I can't stand them now. They are so full of ads and it won't let you download your albums. Jen turned me on to Flickr a while back but I've never really played around with the site.

Let's go over henna!

We had meandered through World Showcase long enough that it was now time to go back and pick up my pearl.
DSCF1537 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1538 (768x1024).jpg

It can be a little confusing where you go to pick up your pearl. Why? Because if it is crowded, there will be people lined up all the way around the circular area. If you are standing in the middle of the circular area and watching the castmembers doing the pearl ceremony, the register will be on your right near the back. There is also a small table on the left near the back. That is where they actually work on putting the pearl in the settings. That's is where I have always gone to pick up my pearl.

I handed over the ticket that I was given after I picked my setting. The ticket will identify which pearl is your's. They show you the pearl, compare the ticket numbers while you watch and then give you instructions on how to care for your pearl. They also put it in a small paper box. Now, if you think that you're going to be smooshing/cramming/shoving the box into a stroller, wheelchair, scooter, backpack, or basically into anything and won't remember that it is in there, you may want to bring along something a little sturdier to hold and protect your pearl. Or you can always go claim your pearl near the end of the day.

Pearl in hand, we strolled out of the store an on to another exotic locale...Morocco. There was a group playing music and a few guests were sitting on the few benches to watch and listen.

DSCF1539 (768x1024).jpg

Across the way was a small....store...counter service...kiosk....shoot, what do you call a little hole in the wall that was selling drinks? Oh well, you know what I'm talking about. This was the menu:

DSCF1540 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1541 (768x1024).jpg

Right next door, there was an artist doing henna art:

DSCF1542 (768x1024).jpg

They had a large catalog of different designs that you could have done. This guest was having a design painted on her leg.

DSCF1543 (768x1024).jpg

We went deeper into the country. I'm not sure if this exhibit is still in Morocco but if it is, you should go in and see everything they have there. They have a lot of displays on the culture and history of Morocco.

DSCF1545 (768x1024).jpg

Continued in next post

Let's go over henna continued

Tangierine Café is the quick service restaurant in the Morocco Pavilion. Being the less adventurous eaters, we have never tried anything in the Tangierine Café. I did, however, step inside to take a couple of pictures.

DSCF1546 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1547 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1548 (768x1024).jpg

Pictures of the café taken, I turned to take pictures of the gorgeous fountain:

DSCF1549 (768x1024).jpg

The tilework in this pavilion is absolutely stunning!
DSCF1551 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1552 (768x1024).jpg

The Morocco bazaar fills much of the area in the back and there's lots of beautiful merchandise for sale.

DSCF1553 (768x1024).jpg

I know that I'm telling you my age when I say this but I always always think of Mr. Cunningham from Happy Days when I see these hats.

DSCF1555 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1554 (768x1024).jpg

Continued in next post

This picture was taken from further back in the pavilion looking towards the pathway around World Showcase.

DSCF1558 (768x1024).jpg

Restaurant Marrakesh is one of the two table service restaurants.

DSCF1559 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1560 (768x1024).jpg

I don't remember what time it was when we made it around to Morocco but apparently it wasn't peak dining because there's absolutely no one waiting or even a castmember at the check-in.

DSCF1561 (768x1024).jpg

This is the fountain that Hunter pretended to tinkle in on a previous trip:

DSCF1562 (768x1024).jpg

I turned to go back to the shopping area:
DSCF1563 (768x1024).jpg

There were lots of carpets, clothing and leather goods for sale.

DSCF1564 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1565 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1566 (768x1024).jpg

Before leaving, I took another picture of the beautiful archways and tilework:

DSCF1567 (768x1024).jpg

Continued in next post

Remember this picture? I should have waited to post it now. We went inside to see the Moroccan Style "The Art of Personal Adornment".
DSCF1545 (768x1024).jpg

Each display had a placard which provided details on what you are looking at:

DSCF1570 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1571 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1572 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1573 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1574 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1575 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1576 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF1577 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF1578 (1024x768).jpg

Continued in next post

I got behind on all your new updates, but I have an excuse- I was taking one of your backsacks on a trip to Alaska

Shameless plug- if you use stringbags, check out Lisa's shopping page for a custom-made bag

IMG_0699 (2).JPG

Anyway, caught up now and LOVING all your detailed pictures and descriptions in the World Showcase.

Your review just goes to show that no matter how often you visit, there is still something new to see, especially if you look closely at the details.

I have not been in the Stave church- I didn't even know there were displays in there until recently.

The troll pictures with your family are great!

I need to get one of those bead necklaces- just the type of souvenir that is meaningful to me- something made of recycled Disney maps.

I have never been in the USA gift shop. A little bit underwhelming after just coming from the one in Japan!

I love the Tangierine Café counter service. Middle Eastern cuisine is one of my favorites and it is difficult to find when back home.

There was some "thing" missing in your picture tour of Morocco, but I understand since this is a PG family-friendly trip report.

;)

I got behind on all your new updates, but I have an excuse- I was taking one of your backsacks on a trip to Alaska

Shameless plug- if you use stringbags, check out Lisa's shopping page for a custom-made bag

View attachment 269487

Thanks for the plug! I love seeing my bags traveling around the world with you!

Anyway, caught up now and LOVING all your detailed pictures and descriptions in the World Showcase.

Your review just goes to show that no matter how often you visit, there is still something new to see, especially if you look closely at the details.

That's so very true. There's always something new to see at Walt Disney World especially in World Showcase.

I have not been in the Stave church- I didn't even know there were displays in there until recently.

I didn't know it either until just a few years ago.

The troll pictures with your family are great!

I need to get one of those bead necklaces- just the type of souvenir that is meaningful to me- something made of recycled Disney maps.

I want one too! I don't know why I haven't gotten one yet.

I have never been in the USA gift shop. A little bit underwhelming after just coming from the one in Japan!

Yeah, the shop is definitely underwhelming compared to the others in World Showcase.

I love the Tangierine Café counter service. Middle Eastern cuisine is one of my favorites and it is difficult to find when back home.

Suggestions on what I should order if we ever decide to stop in?

There was some "thing" missing in your picture tour of Morocco, but I understand since this is a PG family-friendly trip report.

;)

I have the picture and I almost posted it! Seriously! I did!

Loving all of the pictures! My 14 year DD would LOVE those Henna tattoos. Something to think about for next time. :)

HELLO FRIEND! Lets get this PARTY STARTED!

"my itchy knee"?

SUN
KNEE
ITCHY!

this is one of the BEST experiences!

If you've never done pick-a-pearl, you should really think about doing it. It's a neat experience and a great souvenir that will last you a lifetime.

I agree 100% DO EEEETTTTTTTT!

In 2018, alcoholic beverages are also included.

Stop it.
Are you kidding?

hotter than hecka decka

I come here just for your lingo.. Seriously your a riot!

Who on earth is going to pay 400.00 a year to share some photo's! I cannot believe it.
AND it won't let me download the albums i have to do it one at a time! do you have any idea how many pictures i have on there???

Mr. Cunningham from Happy Days when I see these hats.

I need that hat..
Need.

I love your Morocco pictures. We have never explored that pavillion very in depth, but I think we need to remedy that on our next trip.

I love that you say "tinkle." It makes me giggle every time I read it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter